Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

Pics
After reading this whole thread I was poking around at the local farm and ranch store and found this product for $6. Ingredients: zeolite.

I chuckled to myself, walked 15 feet and picked up a 40lb bag of Sweet PDZ for $20.

After reading this whole thread I was poking around at the local farm and ranch store and found this product for $6. Ingredients: zeolite.

I chuckled to myself, walked 15 feet and picked up a 40lb bag of Sweet PDZ for $20.

I find that most everything is overpriced!
I also find that chickens can be expensive - even if you don't buy the overpriced stuff!
When does anyone start making a little profit?!
idunno.gif

Update on my coop: FINALLY, after about a year of watching this board (which I noticed RIGHT AFTER I finished my original coop), Hubby and I have updated our coop not only to accommodate twice the number of chickens (we got more chicks this year), but to include our poop boards and a "chicken jail" that I yoinked from another post on this site :)

Our girls are rather confused (they are not so good with a ladder... never have been, though the youngsters below have no problems with that). I left the girls tonight... some up on the perches and some still circling on the floor saying to themselves, "how did they get up there"?? Thanks for all the GREAT ideas on this very long thread. I love how our coop will be SO much more user friendly now :)

I thought I would post this pic to keep this thread going.
I am a new chicken owner and built our coop this past April with a poop board in the design because of what I've read here.

I love it. It makes cleaning easy and almost fun. the coop doesn't smell and feels clean. Since this picture was taken, I added another two bags of sweet PDZ ...about 1 1/2 went onto the floor to mix with the sand and the rest went to fill the poop board tray.

This is the tray after one nights use from my six pullets...they're pooping machines.

I thought I would post this pic to keep this thread going.
I am a new chicken owner and built our coop this past April with a poop board in the design because of what I've read here.

I love it. It makes cleaning easy and almost fun. the coop doesn't smell and feels clean. Since this picture was taken, I added another two bags of sweet PDZ ...about 1 1/2 went onto the floor to mix with the sand and the rest went to fill the poop board tray.

This is the tray after one nights use from my six pullets...they're pooping machines.

It's great - I like the white walls. I think I need to paint ours!

Quote:
Yes, nice poop board!

Isn't that Sweet PDZ great! Dries out the poop, and after scooping, looks like new. I made my poop shelf and then bought galvanized pans that are 1 1/2 inches high to hold the PDZ. I have two roosts...a foot apart and 1 a foot higher. I made them removable, so they don't get in my way when cleaning., and it makes cleaning the poop a breeze.

You can see it here in the back of the coop.

Back
Top Bottom