Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

I am using deep litter right now, for winter. The coop floor is not insulated and sometimes a couple of the girls prefer to "roost" on the floor instead of getting on the perch. We have some personality conflicts with the leghorns. They only accept one of the Stars. The other three get hassled during meals and roosting time. We will add another roosting perch this spring.

Also, when Spring arrives and I can clean out the coop, I am going to try using the Sweet PDZ on the floor, to make clean up easier and with the warm/hot weather, less stinky. Have problems, currently.
My cat, Dart, is in one photo. He's trying to help me scare a sparrow out of the coop. Unsuccessful attempt.

I'm installing dropping boards in my very small coop, and I was worrying about my girls hanging out on the boards after hours. So, I'm wondering how far above your poop board your roosting bar is to prevent "lounging"? Is it still working for you? Thanks!

That's the size of my coop too! I find it hard to use all these great ideas when I'm so limited in space. How did you adapt yours? Did you put the magic powder on the entire floor of your coop? How's that working for you? I'd LOVE to see a photo as I'm upgrading my roosting bars this weekend. Thanks!

Just to confirm, is the PDZ safe for chicks? I'd love to use it in the brooder now that my chicks are a week old - no more paper towels. I am so happy to have come across this thread. I've been struggling with keeping my coop clean with pine shavings or rice hulls in my 3x4 foot coop as the poop gets scattered everywhere first thing in the morning (from my older chickens).

I'm installing dropping boards in my very small coop, and I was worrying about my girls hanging out on the boards after hours. So, I'm wondering how far above your poop board your roosting bar is to prevent "lounging"? Is it still working for you? Thanks!

I am happy for them to lounge and play on the poop boards, since that means more poop gets pooped up on the boards! :D my roosts are at different heights above the tray. If the perch is less than 6 or 8 inches above the tray you need it removable or at least moveable or you can't clean properly. Too high above the tray though and the poop goes further out, think diagonal line from the chicken's hind end.

In my chicken tractor, that I used to grow out 25 chicks, the coop part is, i think, 3x4 so I just covered the entire floor with PDZ. It worked wonderfully! (And yes, I KNOW that 3x4 is too small for 25 chicks, but they were only in there until it got too small, then they were moved to the big coop.)

I would think the PDZ would be fine for chicks, if they ate it it would count at grit.

, I'm wondering how far above your poop board your roosting bar is to prevent "lounging"? Is it still working for you? Thanks!
POOP BOARDS are the "BEST" addition yet. Handles well over ½ of the poop in my set up keeps ammonia smell in check 3½" below roost excellent for catching eggs laid through the night (roost are in cups for easier removal and cleaning). I recently friction fit a piece of vinyl flooring over my poop board.it makes clean up even easier; Pop out; Scrap; Hose; Pop in.

Winter months even easier flex over compost bin DONE!

Easy peasy!.

sorry, I do not understand this picture at all. I don't see where,/what are the poop boards...perhaps a few more pix from different views would help

Back
Top Bottom