Poop board convert *warning-graphic/gross poop pictures*

very nice idea! (the pulling it out)
Thank you!

Very nice arrangement..... everyone looks happy....
Thank you! This pic was taken the day before we got rid of 4 roosters. Our girls are MUCH happier now they don't have to crowd on the top rung, lol.

This is my setup after reading this whole thread. My coop is the Garden Coop with the external nest box. I added 2X3's around the edges to contain (somewhat) the PDZ. The 2X3 at the top is the internal roost. There is 75 lbs. of Sweet PDZ there with a large kitchen bowl of DE mixed in. I get my girls tomorrow (4/23/14) and trying to get it all right for them.
Very nice!

Looks good! I have a removable 2 x 3 at the door so I can scrape straight into a dustpan when I'm doing full cleaning (my coop sits on top of the run so it's floor is at 4 feet). The PDZ is so nice. It's easier to strain the coop than my cat litter box! Have fun with the girls!
OMG, it's amazing how easy it is.

Could it be called something else? Where else can I find it?
See Blooie's post with pic. I had a hard time finding it. Walked right by it at TSC and the girl at the counter said she had never heard of it. I checked the website and it said they had it in stock. Next time in I asked another employee and
wee.gif
I LOVE IT!

This is what I use. I get it at Tractor Supply, but I'm sure it's available in other outlets. Does that help?

You can also check with the web site, they can tell you who close to you sells it. there is another company making a zeolite product that will probable work, dry stall and one by manna pro. I haven't used them, but if it's for horses and zeolite then it should preform well.

Last edited:
I looked for the equivalent at our feed store and had no problem finding it. Just check the ingredients.

Ok, so my first coop was done without poop boards-I simply loaded up the floor with sand figuring that would be easy enough to sift the poop out of. Well, the plan sounded good in theory but I found it didn't work so good in reality. Don't get me wrong, the poop scoops out of the sand BUT- the sand SMELLS even after the poop is gone. Also, it is a dusty mess while scooping and I need to take frequent breaks just to breath fresh air. Still better though than changing out shavings weekly (I don't like DLM). So when we built our 2nd coop we decided to try poop boards
love.gif
WOW, what a difference. We built a waist high shelf and then added a lip all around and filled it with Sweet PDZ, LOVE IT!!!! I simply sift the poop up every day or two but you certainly can leave it longer if you had to. The Sweet PDZ keeps it from smelling at all. And the best part- NO DUST when scooping. It's almost like sifting flour. It is very zen like to clean and I tend to get carried away and make designs for my girls ( I know, I have issues
tongue2.gif
) Anyway, thought I would share my experience and of course some pics
big_smile.png
Such a great set up. I'm sure I'll use lots of your ideas. I noticed too that the food & water is protected from the mess by being UNDER the wide poop boards.

Such a great set up. I'm sure I'll use lots of your ideas. I noticed too that the food & water is protected from the mess by being UNDER the wide poop boards.
Gosh, that setup is GREAT!! I'm going to do something just like that for my little flock of 4 BA's...your coop is outstanding!

Question: what's the brand-name of the sweet PDZ you are using? I think I'm going to have difficulty in getting the "right stuff" as I've heard here on the forum that there is some form of PDZ that's not good...thanks for any reply.

Back
Top Bottom