Poop butt?

CKfarm22

Crowing
Jul 8, 2021
Central NJ
Hey y’all i posted a different forum about a barred rock i had gotten that has feather loss from being mounted by roosters. I just noticed that her back end feathers are missing and kind of wet looking, right by her vent. I couldn’t take a picture but i’m wondering if it’s poop or something else that could be wrong with her. Right now she’s in the coop with my other three chickens, and i’m hoping she doesn’t have a disease that would spread to the other ones. Can someone help?

Hey y’all i posted a different forum about a barred rock i had gotten that has feather loss from being mounted by roosters. I just noticed that her back end feathers are missing and kind of wet looking, right by her vent. I couldn’t take a picture but i’m wondering if it’s poop or something else that could be wrong with her. Right now she’s in the coop with my other three chickens, and i’m hoping she doesn’t have a disease that would spread to the other ones. Can someone help?
It’s probably diarrhea, there are many many reasons for possible chicken diarrhea. First is if it’s a hot day and she drank a lot and of water it could be temporary from that, she may be fine before you even get to guess what it could’ve been. But there are also many chicken viruses and diseases that cause diarrhea like colibacillosis, leukosis, and mareks disease. There’s also coccidiosis which is an intestinal disease caused by a parasite . It’s hard to know what it could be without any other symptoms present.

It’s probably diarrhea, there are many many reasons for possible chicken diarrhea. First is if it’s a hot day and she drank a lot and of water it could be temporary from that, she may be fine before you even get to guess what it could’ve been. But there are also many chicken viruses and diseases that cause diarrhea like colibacillosis, leukosis, and mareks disease. There’s also coccidiosis which is an intestinal disease caused by a parasite . It’s hard to know what it could be without any other symptoms present.
I just got her and i’m new to chickens. She has an odor but that’s about it other then the butt situation. I have separated her from the rest of my chickens incase it is parasites.

I just got her and i’m new to chickens. She has an odor but that’s about it other then the butt situation. I have separated her from the rest of my chickens incase it is parasites.
That’s good to separate her, I personally am dealing with a diarrhea problem in one of my hens and I have no clue what it could be, it’s such a pain and worrisome. But about the odor, is it unusual or just the normal smelly poop? Bc if it just smells then the odor is probably nothing bc it’s poop it’s probably gonna smell lol. However if it’s unusual then something is probably going on.

That’s good to separate her, I personally am dealing with a diarrhea problem in one of my hens and I have no clue what it could be, it’s such a pain and worrisome. But about the odor, is it unusual or just the normal smelly poop? Bc if it just smells then the odor is probably nothing bc it’s poop it’s probably gonna smell lol. However if it’s unusual then something is probably going on.
I’m not too sure if it’s unusual or not because i had her only for a few hours, but you can definitely smell it, it almost smells rotten. But my other hens don’t smell so i am assuming it is unusual. The guy i got her from, said she had some feather loss but i was not expecting it to be this bad, her skin is red as all hell (which i think is unusual). As for yours, mine get runny poops sometimes but it could be the food or if they ate something they weren’t suppose to.

I’m not too sure if it’s unusual or not because i had her only for a few hours, but you can definitely smell it, it almost smells rotten. But my other hens don’t smell so i am assuming it is unusual. The guy i got her from, said she had some feather loss but i was not expecting it to be this bad, her skin is red as all hell (which i think is unusual). As for yours, mine get runny poops sometimes but it could be the food or if they ate something they weren’t suppose to.
It’s starting to sound a lot like vent gleet, if you just look up the treatment for it you’ll find plenty, it isn’t too hard to treat. At least that’s what it seems to be, and thanks for the advice on my own hen! Unfortunately she’s had diarrhea for much too long for it to be something she ate, but I’ll figure it out.

It’s starting to sound a lot like vent gleet, if you just look up the treatment for it you’ll find plenty, it isn’t too hard to treat. At least that’s what it seems to be, and thanks for the advice on my own hen! Unfortunately she’s had diarrhea for much too long for it to be something she ate, but I’ll figure it out.
I’m thinking it’s vent gleet but i’m unsure on how long it’s gone untreated. I contact a local farm rescue place to see if they would be able to take her and treat her for whatever she has.

Back
Top Bottom