poop-free waterers

greenSearcher

Songster
9 Years
Aug 22, 2010
Texoma
I came across this site today, and I found it interesting, so now I am asking if anyone has used this system with their birds. How did it work? Would you recommend it? The idea of having clean water in the brooders is such a wonderful idea. I swear last year the chicks would poop in the water before I stood up straight.

http://www.avianaquamiser.com/

Thanks Julie

Hi greenSearcher, That is a what is commonly called a "chicken nipple waterer". A lot of people here use them and most that have them would never go back. Look at my BYC page and see how I set up mine. You should be able to find each nipple for about $2.00. You can then use just about anything to make a waterer.

I ordered them and gave them to my DH for fathers day. He poopooed them but installed them in the bucket and hung it for me. It works great and the chickens took to it right away. We need to move it up a couple of inches as they have grown and I think it would be easier on the chickens.

With the really hot weather we have had I have put out additional sources of water the last few weeks. Especially during the heat of the day but they continue to drink out of the bucket nipples also.

Worth the money.
Great because the water stays clean.
Great again because I don't have to worry about them running out of the water during the day if I can't get out to check on them.

I logged in just to type this: Nipple waterers are the best thing since sliced bread. Once you use them, you will NEVER go back. I have 2 buckets: one 3 gallon, one 5 gallon. They work like a charm and the water stays clean. I got my water nipples from QC Supply.
Good luck.

Hi the chicken nipples are GREAT! Get them at Farm Tek about 2.00 each my hubby even hooked up a hose and toliet flush so it fills it self when I turn on the hose.

You know chicken they are like monkeys ~ monkey sees monky do! So it just took one to try it then they all did it!We even have a little step for the chicks to reach!
droolin.gif

I agree! These nipple waterers are the ticket! I use them with pvc pipe and a 5 gal. bucket for the big chicks. The babies in the brooder have a smaller version made with a plastic mayo jar.

In answer to how I keep it from freezing in the winter....ahum....I don't know yet. However, my DH is a pretty smart fella and he will figure it out!

Someone will come on here and give us all ideas!

Back
Top Bottom