Poop Normal? Pictures attached

Fancypants1

Chirping
5 Years
Apr 2, 2014
Central Massachusetts
We just got this pullet from a poultry show on Saturday. She is not eating any pellets just scratch. She is drinking water normally. She is isolated in our basement until I know she is not sick. Does her poop look normal??? She also has a very strange smell to her. Not a bad smell, it's hard to describe. Not a rotting smell just a funky, musty smell.

Last edited:
I am going to have someone come out and run a full blood test on her just to be safe. Not all her poop has the red stuff. She is only eating scratch right now, not touching the pellets even when I mix them in.
A fecal will be much less expensive.
big_smile.png
Try making a mash with the pellets and see if she'll eat that.

-Kathy

Do all of her poops have the red stuff? Can you take a poop sample to the vet and have it checked for worm eggs and coccidiosis?

-Kathy

That chart says this is normal:

The feedstore I go to had six with poop like this, three of them died, so I asked for their bodies and sent them to UC Davis for necropsies and the necropsy report stated they all three died from severe coccidiosis, so clearly this was not normal.
big_smile.png

-Kathy

That chart says this is normal:
[COLOR=005CB1]
[/COLOR]

The feedstore I go to had six with poop like this, three of them died, so I asked for their bodies and sent them to UC Davis for necropsies and the necropsy report stated they all three died from severe coccidiosis, so clearly this was not normal. :D

-Kathy
Not quite, the chart says as a one time thing those are fine, multiple times is always a different story, it's like getting a shelless egg, it's not an indication of something else unless you have many shelless eggs.

I am going to have someone come out and run a full blood test on her just to be safe. Not all her poop has the red stuff. She is only eating scratch right now, not touching the pellets even when I mix them in.

Back
Top Bottom