poopy butt

Olive oil chicken butt. Sounds like something you can get cooked up in a little street market in Asia somewhere!
wink.png

Great idea on the Olive oil, I am going to try that on mine that has the chronic issue.

We've christened the little feller "Butter Butt", but BB still isn't getting up and around very good. We had 2 with this condition, and the EVOO worked great on one, but not on the worst of the 2. I know Pokey tried petroleum jelly and EVOO on Butter Butt, but I don't think he had tried mineral oil yet. I did a "hot compress" of sorts to clean him off, then throroughly doused his hiney with mineral oil. Hopefully that will do the trick, but do you think that I should also doctor the front end? Was thinking of putting just a drop of oil in his mouth, but which would be better, olive oil or mineral oil?

Can't wait to go back to work and have someone ask, "What did you do over the weekend?" Oh, sat around oiling a quail's butt....
big_smile.png

Whatcha think? EVOO or mineral oil as a laxative?

Kim

th.gif

I wish I had known about this Oiling the rear trick. I spent way too much time last spring wiping chicken butt only in the end to find out it was a rooster!
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom