poor chick can't stand happy update #16

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by citalk2much, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    Quote:think you miss understood me! please re read my post. I UNDERSTAND IT NEEDS TO BE DONE. I am justa chickens [​IMG]
    Thanks![​IMG] [​IMG]

Okay I'm sorry , Just a little upset still. I just did this deed about 15 minutes before this post, I get very sensitive when I have to do these things. Once again I apologize.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Been there done that. They are "new". If you read what I have posted in my posts that were in the emergency section.
    I got some great advise! I did not cull. I was told it was normal for the chicks to be weak and be wobbly.
    I would start by putting electrolytes and vitamins in the water. It is okay for all the chicks too, so don't worry. Mine were mostly raised by their moms. But I had to intervene with a couple of weak ones. They are all great now. Keep an eye on it and keep us posted so we can try an help you through this until your chickie is better.If it gets kicked out of the nest and seems to be dead.......don't throw it away....It needs to be warmed up and put a few drops of electrolyte water on the tip of it's beak so it can start to get energy again and then cared for by you, which really is not that big of a deal to do.
    Keep us posted! I will try and help you as much as I can, if not I will try and find someone on here that has helped me!!!

3. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    These were mine a few weeks ago!
    They are great now!

4. sammi

sammi Songster

Dec 21, 2007
    Southeast USA
    vitamins never hurt and can be a cure..

if you don't have chick vitamins on hand, or even if you do..
    give him some Poly-vi-sol liquid baby vitamins, Enfamil brand makes some with NO IRON..
    give 2 drops on beak once a day for 4 days, then 1 drop for 4 days, continuing with chick vitamins.
    keep warm,,help to drink and eat if necessary.
    electrolytes in water won't hurt..
    see how it goes.

5. citalk2much

citalk2much Twilight Blessings Farm

Dec 22, 2008
    GR MI: TN bound!
    Thank you all for your help

6. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    Okay it is up running and having fun have it back to its mom!! All seems well thank you all for your help!

7. Good Good!!!! Yeah!
    What a good momma hen you are!

8. Sillystunt

Sillystunt Master of the Silly

Jul 11, 2008
    Winter Haven, FL
    [​IMG] EXCELLENT!!

9. pamperedpoultry

pamperedpoultry CHICKENFIED

Jan 28, 2009
    (south West) Virginia
    What did you end up doing, or anything? I have a pheasant chick doing the same way.

10. citalk2much

Dec 22, 2008
    Plain pedelight (spelling sorry) warmth drop of light karo

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: