Poor dead guinea keet.

Boomerwaffen

Chirping
Jun 28, 2021
So our 5 baby guineas arrived yesterday. We it them in their own brooder and they went to sleep in a little ball. This afternoon we discovered one of them dead were they’d been sleeping. Is this common for them maybe to suffocate like this, or is it more likely it was just the stress of travel?

So our 5 baby guineas arrived yesterday. We it them in their own brooder and they went to sleep in a little ball. This afternoon we discovered one of them dead were they’d been sleeping. Is this common for them maybe to suffocate like this, or is it more likely it was just the stress of travel?
It is common if they are squeezing into a clump from being too cold. What is your brooder temperature measured at the bedding level?

It is common if they are squeezing into a clump from being too cold. What is your brooder temperature measured at the bedding level?
I’ll bet that’s it thanks. I had to use a cop warmer panel vs. the brooder on the first night. My other brooder was in use already. Basically the 2nd brooder Is ordered arrived late (the next morning). And the keets a day early. They were next to the coop warmer, which kept the right temperature. Unfortunately as it was vertical vs. overhead. They were in a brooder box too.Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom