Poor-mans' Pickled Eggs . . . at it again, New Recipe post#39!

Quote:
depends on what the pickle juice is for me I like dill flavored eggs not so much sweet flavored pickle juice for eggs when I heated the vinegar and the pickling spices I use it taste better to me just my personal tastes here I am getting so many it is easy to try a coupla different ways each week
smile.png

Okay, I'm gonna be the strange one here, lol. Got any pickled-beet lovers out there??????? I love em, and put up pickled beets each year. Well, I put some of my quail eggs in with a few beets in their juice. Let 'em sit a few days......DEELISH!!!! And you get pink eggs
lol.png
I love topping off my salad with them, or just eating them out of the jar. A bit of a different taste, but if you like beets......try it.

Last edited:
Oh man, this new batch looks awesome!
The eggs have been stained a purplish-red from the basalmic vinegar, and I added lots of hot sauce again.
Im hoping I have the will power to leave these eggs alone for at least 2 weeks, but that remains to be seen.

Im going to have to go to the supermarket to get more ingredients to experiment with, most of the younger quails and pullets have now started laying so I am now getting almost twice the eggs as I had been even last week.
I need to hatch a few more quails tho, my goal is to get 4 dozen quail eggs a day, Im at about 3/4 of that quota.

Ok, so I have been busy perfecting my methods . . .

I am making a new batch of quail eggs right now, 42 of em.

I boiled them in 2cups water/2 cups vinegar, and they peeled really easily, the shells having been partially dissolved, and the membrane holding together as it unwraps.
I guess if you leave the eggs in the vinegar, it will totally dissolve the shells, but that sounds pretty nasty to eat eggs that have been sittin in that stuff . . .

I did actually buy 3 kinds of vinegar, but that was about it.
For this batch, I had to get a little creative . . .

For the pickling brine solution, I used liberal amounts of the following ingredients-
-the leftovers from last time
-apple cider vinegar
-more Daves Insanity
-yellow mustard
-dijon mustard
-black pepper
-cayenne pepper
-garlic
-garlic salt
-a tiny splash of basalmic vinegar
-same jar

This stuff smells hot and mustardy, just like Heaven does . . .
bbq010.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Tonite, I poured out about a cup of the pickling solution in my basalmic/chicken jar, and filled it back up with fresh real basalmic vinegar I just bought.
I dont know if the salad dressing had enough to do the job, so I made sure it got some more.

As a side note, when I was doing this swap-out, 1 of the eggs fell out and it was the most beautiful shade of purple so I broke it open to see how far the color had soaked in and it was pretty well soaked thru.
As the egg had touched the dirty sink basin, I fed a 1/2 to each of my dogs and they loved it!
Shoot, didnt even think to get a pic . . .

So my neighbor came over to get some fresh eggs, and traded me a handful of various fresh peppers he has grown.
I promptly chopped up the 4 habaneros and added them to the quail eggs.
The peppers were beyond spicy . . .

Note to self: do NOT pick nose after chopping hot peppers
wink.png

Last edited:
OMG!!!

Just tried the batch of the Basalmic Vinegar/sald dressing chicken eggs, because I just ran out of the spicy dill quail eggs . . .

Are these things sposed to taste like candy???
This could be dangerous . . .
Is it possible to OD on pickled eggs???

I think Im in trouble
wink.png

I gotta show some pics of em, cause MAN, they aint much to look at . . .

pickledeggs001.jpg

pickledeggs002.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom