Poor Vlad

That's more open than I thought. I think I would wait another two days. Also pick him up and feel his keel on either side of his breast bone at the same time. If his breast bone is sharp and he doesn't feel meaty on the sides, he's underweight.

i remember it feeling sharp yesterday. Well in that case he’s going to get more peas today. That’ll help fatten him up at least. And I’ll sprinkle some water into his feed bowl to soften his pellets. Maybe throw some peas in there. Poor Vlad.

Last edited:
I’m no expert here but I glue my own wounds with superglue, it may not be advised, but I’m still here. What would happen if you glued it? I like the loctite gel with the squeeze tabs on the side. When I have a sore open wound it feels 100 percent better glued shut. Cracked fingernails too.

How’s Vlad doing?
this is my choice in glue
E8DB4A9A-5046-4BA3-97F2-BA0D4F8434F5.jpeg

I had a weeks old duckling that had a wound on her bill. It was pretty bloody. Just kept it clean with vetrycn for a day and it scabbed up fine. I don’t think I’d use super glue, only because birds can be sensitive to chemical odors.

He still feels a little thin, but he is eating his treats.
here is an updated photo of his bill.
let me know what you think. This was right before I changed his water and sprayed his bill.

Attachments

• ADF984D7-025E-4902-BEA2-6960765808CD.jpeg
    ADF984D7-025E-4902-BEA2-6960765808CD.jpeg
    481.7 KB · Views: 12
Looks like its healing nicely. Have you put him back with his friends?

not yet. I’m trying to be cautious. The ladies dirty their water SO fast. Having him separate, I’ve noticed that his water stays relatively clear until the next morning which is probably, surely better for his wound. Eitherway, I have to put him with the ladies tomorrow, because I am having to go out of town on Sunday until Tuesday. This will give him a full day (Saturday) with the flock to make sure he isn’t picked on. I just hope that it isn’t too soon for his wound. But I don’t really have much of a choice.
he is starting to fatten back up though, I guess with all the peas lol.

Here is an update on his bill! Is it heeling or infected? He is back with the girls however.

Attachments

• 6C2226F8-5532-4EA2-960A-7279F9B59DDA.jpeg
    6C2226F8-5532-4EA2-960A-7279F9B59DDA.jpeg
    410.1 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom