Poor whitey Almost lost the battle :(

Chickenaddict

Songster
11 Years
May 19, 2008
East Bethel MN
I have had 2 serama roosters together since they were 3 months old, the boys are now 2 years old and had their first fight. Luckily I was home to break it up. Bernie won and whitey would have fought to the bitter end had I not been here to seperate them. I truely thought they would be buddies forever but I guess that was just wishful thinking. Whitey is my best breeder, now he is in recovery in the basement with a few special needs hens so he is not lonely. Poor whitey
sad.png
he is just covered in blood, after he acclimates to the indoor temps a bit i am thinking about giving him a nice warm bath and cleaning his comb wounds a bit better. Ahhh let the winter madness begin......

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that. I had a bloody hen a few weeks ago, one of the roos bit her comb. Liquid bandaid works wonders!! Had to re-home the roos after I was the next one bleeding, again love the liquid bandaid

Sorry to hear about your hen
sad.png
Those combs bleed pretty good even when the wound isn't too bad. I just cleaned him up and put a dab of corn starch where the bleeding was after his bath I am gonna dab on the usual bluecoat so the girls don't peck at it, he wasn't too beat up as the whole battle was less than 5 minutes. I have the liquid bandaid on hand but I don't think he needs it at this point but it is good to have just in case
smile.png

aaww poor guy.... after reading your first post then thinking back to the title of the thread, i thought he had passed from his injuries...
hope he's back to normal soon...

Quote:
Sorry about that, I went back and edited the title I meant to put "almost didn't make it" He seems to be doing great. I am wondering if this wasn't his plan to get the luxury of coming in the house lol

Back
Top Bottom