Poorly chick - PLEASE HELP!🥺

GoldpartridgeHen

Songster
5 Years
Mar 27, 2018
England
My Coop
My Coop
This is a light sussex chick that I had to help out today. Seemed to develop really well when candling but couldn't get out of her shell. I helped her out and spotted what looks like the intestine on the belly button. Am I correct, or is it still the yolk that hasn't completely developed?

I ask because I had one before that had intestine coming out and it eventually died before I could cull.
Advice on what to do would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

20230526_181310.jpg
20230526_181305.jpg

This is a light sussex chick that I had to help out today. Seemed to develop really well when candling but couldn't get out of her shell. I helped her out and spotted what looks like the intestine on the belly button. Am I correct, or is it still the yolk that hasn't completely developed?

I ask because I had one before that had intestine coming out and it eventually died before I could cull.
Advice on what to do would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

View attachment 3519011View attachment 3519013
It's yolk thats left, he wasn't quite ready to hatch.
Put him back in the incubator, on something soft so that he can't rupture the yolk.
It should be absorbed, and shouldn't take too long to based on the size of it, but he needs to stay warm and prevented from knocking it.

It's yolk thats left, he wasn't quite ready to hatch.
Put him back in the incubator, on something soft so that he can't rupture the yolk.
It should be absorbed, and shouldn't take too long to based on the size of it, but he needs to stay warm and prevented from knocking it.
^^^ This ^^^. I can't add anything more helpful. Good luck with your little baby!

Back
Top Bottom