Poorly colored bar rock??

I never trust feed stores. Cackle Hatchery has sold me great barring. If you want decent-looking barred rocks buy from them. I bought 12 and all of them looked great.
They aren’t perfect but they’re still pretty good
You bought 12?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?
Where did the other ten go?!?!??!?!?

You bought 12?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!??!?
Where did the other ten go?!?!??!?!?
11 or 12 I can’t remember. For Bruce it was 🍗 but for 9 hens it was 🐺 or a predator that my camera didn’t pick up because it was knocked over (very suspiciously) 5 minutes before the attack. 3 BRs lived, and 1 of those had some strange genetic thing pop up this summer. I euthanized her. That’s alright though because I still have two 😅

View attachment 2462087
View attachment 2462088
17 weeks old now.
I have no clue what they’re crossed with, but the four of these get more comments than what I ever imagined a chicken would.

Obviously just a guess, but it seems like maybe a silver penciled rock rooster jumped the fence into the barred rock pen and made a little magic happen.

Feed stores are turning them into whole new breeds. These looks more like Zebras to me lol! Cackle Hatchery has sold me great barring. If you want decent-looking barred rocks buy from them. I bought 12 and all of them looked great.
They aren’t perfect but they’re still pretty good
My Meyer BR was gorgeous too! 😁🥰 yours are so pretty!

Back
Top Bottom