Poorly

Julie130384

In the Brooder
Sep 21, 2021
Hi there I am new here I have baby quails I lost one I don’t know why but now I have another quail going down hill can any bony help me as I have a third that is going the same way first there start limping on one leg then the other leg hose and now closed eye please please help I don’t know what to do I have put some bids on. thank you julie

Attachments

• DD6F54AA-F442-43C6-998D-D775E6A6BA53.jpeg
    DD6F54AA-F442-43C6-998D-D775E6A6BA53.jpeg
    777.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 69912F48-9379-4A8E-A471-1518FEE1C5FD.jpeg
    69912F48-9379-4A8E-A471-1518FEE1C5FD.jpeg
    451.3 KB · Views: 6
We're asking these questions because they are the common causes for these symptoms. Since we can't see this chick we're doing basic troubleshooting. Each bird is different. Sometimes what works for one may not work for another.

At this point, if it's not heat or feed, I would suggest trying something like Save-a-Chick or Nutri-Drench to see if it perks up. If it doesn't, you might consider a vet. If you still have the body of the one that passed, you can also send it to a necropsy lab to find out the cause of death.

I have 7 out side the 4 new babies and one I sold and I have alway done it this way there aren’t to cold as I know there will go to the light and huddle together because I called but these aren’t cold as there are happy and settled I just want to know what’s wrong with this one
I'm not saying it didn't work in the past. I'm trying to guess as to why you're have issues this time. My best guess with what your telling us is that its not warm enough. Can you lower the light?

Hi there I am new here I have baby quails I lost one I don’t know why but now I have another quail going down hill can any bony help me as I have a third that is going the same way first there start limping on one leg then the other leg hose and now closed eye please please help I don’t know what to do I have put some bids on. thank you julie
Can you get a picture of their whole brooder set up?
I can when I get home it’s just a plastic box with a light my other 7 quails outside grown fine

Yes there have a warm and cool sides in the warm side I aim for 29/30c there tell me if there warm or cold lol I am feeding them on quail crumb
Your temperature is low for newly hatched quail.

The feed question is important. Quail chicks need 28-30% protein in their diet. If they're not getting proper nutrition they will have these kinds of symptoms too.

If it happens again, check for a slipped tendon right away. You hold the hock (knee) between thumb and forefinger, and gently roll, like you’re rolling a pencil between your fingers. If the tendon slipped it will snap back into place. Slipping tendons, and most other leg deformities usually stem from improper nutrition. Chicks that slip tendons are often indicative of parents feed being lacking some necessary elements. This is why your older birds may seem fine, and the next gen are ill. The original stock may have had parents with better nutrition available. What exact brands and types do you feed the chicks and adults?

Back
Top Bottom