Poorly

Your temperature is low for newly hatched quail.

The feed question is important. Quail chicks need 28-30% protein in their diet. If they're not getting proper nutrition they will have these kinds of symptoms too.
It is not to low and always used this feed too as I have had hatch lots of quails I just want to know want the matter is to this one

I guess the easiest way to explain is that they are to cold. You should have a brooder set up for 95 to 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Quail chicks are very fragile. If not they will die.
I have 7 out side the 4 new babies and one I sold and I have alway done it this way there aren’t to cold as I know there will go to the light and huddle together because I called but these aren’t cold as there are happy and settled I just want to know what’s wrong with this one

We're asking these questions because they are the common causes for these symptoms. Since we can't see this chick we're doing basic troubleshooting. Each bird is different. Sometimes what works for one may not work for another.

At this point, if it's not heat or feed, I would suggest trying something like Save-a-Chick or Nutri-Drench to see if it perks up. If it doesn't, you might consider a vet. If you still have the body of the one that passed, you can also send it to a necropsy lab to find out the cause of death.

I have 7 out side the 4 new babies and one I sold and I have alway done it this way there aren’t to cold as I know there will go to the light and huddle together because I called but these aren’t cold as there are happy and settled I just want to know what’s wrong with this one
I'm not saying it didn't work in the past. I'm trying to guess as to why you're have issues this time. My best guess with what your telling us is that its not warm enough. Can you lower the light?

If it happens again, check for a slipped tendon right away. You hold the hock (knee) between thumb and forefinger, and gently roll, like you’re rolling a pencil between your fingers. If the tendon slipped it will snap back into place. Slipping tendons, and most other leg deformities usually stem from improper nutrition. Chicks that slip tendons are often indicative of parents feed being lacking some necessary elements. This is why your older birds may seem fine, and the next gen are ill. The original stock may have had parents with better nutrition available. What exact brands and types do you feed the chicks and adults?

Back
Top Bottom