1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Porcelain Silkie Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by rilly10, Jul 29, 2011.

1. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    ok are yall going for the look kinda like a porcelain d'uccle? if so how do yall began to determine the pattern?

2. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I know almost nothing about genetics but I'm going for this look....
    [​IMG]

3. wholewheatchicken

wholewheatchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2011
    Lebanon, Ohio
    Will you be keeping this thread going? I am bringing porcelain/lavendars in with my silkies and I am getting porcelain and MF d'uccles, which seems like it is slightly along the same lines. Also working on MF cochins. I like the color projects! I don't care what color it is all called....it's just beautiful.

4. peepblessed

I would really like to see it continue. Maybe it will just be you and me! [​IMG]

5. BarnGoddess01

BarnGoddess01 I [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG]

6. peepblessed

That's great!! My two are nearly 7 weeks and I know one is a boy as I'm seeing a red cast to his comb. I'm pretty sure the other one is a girl and I have two eggs in the incubator that I set yesterday. I'd love to see photos of yours!

7. BarnGoddess01

8. peepblessed

Yes, I watched that on the silkie thread. I have a similar video but the chicks were 5 weeks. Both turned out to be males. It's so funny how every batch is different. Some batches, they all fight and half turn out females. I have 5 right now that are 7 weeks and I know one is a male and I never catch anyone fighting.

9. BarnGoddess01

10. peepblessed

Oh, fun! They are sure different. Mine two porcelain are really quite and I know one is a boy. Maybe the other three are girls. I have five that age. Three from Catdance and two are mine own breeding.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by