Porcelin eggs missing

La Mike

(Always Slightly Off)
10 Years
Nov 20, 2009
louisiana
I want to know if anyone has ever had fake eggs go missing from their coop.

Mine is impossible for any animal to get in.
I had 5 porcelin eggs in nest boxes and three have come up missing.
Only thing that could get in are mice and maybe a snake (maybe)
There is no sign of anything being there an no place anything could leave with the eggs.
The eggs themselves will not fit thruogh the wire much less something carrying it or it inside a snake or something.

Any ideas as to where the eggs could have gone??

I had my golf balls disappear from the nesting box the other day. I searched high and low for them to no avail.

Today I go to check the box for eggs....and I have 2 pullet eggs, 1 green egg, and 3 golf balls. Still have no idea where they were or why they came back lol

No theives here lol

I just cant figure out where they went
idunno.gif

But no no one else goes in my aviary except my niece and she isnt tall enough to reach anything.

Nope they cant lose them that way no holes in yard and they couldnt go thruogh the coop being its inside the aviary and opens outside from locked doors

My aviary has 12 inches of mason sand for the floor and 1/2 x 1/2 heavy wire 4 feet up from ground so nothing can get in or out.

I know the chickens didnt eat them.

This is the most confusing thing i personally have ever delt with concerning my chickens.

If a snake were to get in there, he could have mistaken the fake for the real egg and swallowed it. But then it may have trouble getting back out. Maybe they are somehow buried in the sand.
Are you sure a family member is not pulling a prank on you?
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom