porters turkeys

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Jmiller429, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jmiller429

Jmiller429 Songster

Jun 24, 2010
    Bedford co. PA
    So ive been kicking around putting an order in with kevin for some unusual strains of turkeys. really digging the pencilled and chocolate palms, and the silver dapples, and well just about everything else i cant buy locally. Anyone ever get any of these unusual ones? I can find all the bourbons,palm,narris,blacks,slates, and BB birds around here, but im starting to get bored lol.

2. lilchick

lilchick Songster

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I got a tiger bronze tom and a blue fawn hen as well as a buff hen from Porters. Also got pr. of calico's which at first looked like sweetgrass. Then compared the colors on his website to identify.

3. horseshoecreekranch

horseshoecreekranch Songster

Jun 26, 2009
    We have some Silver Dapple turkeys we purchased a few years ago. You can see pictures of them on our website www.birdsandeggs.com We just love the coloring in them. They are very unique looking and have a great disposition.

4. onthespot

onthespot Deluxe Dozens

Mar 29, 2008
    Riverside/Norco, CA
    I shared an order with someone last year. I got some Auburns and some Sweetgrass. I ended up with all toms on the sweetgrass, so trying again this year. Getting 15, so hopefully there will be some girls in there this time. [​IMG]

5. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm APA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Monticello, Arkansas
    Our Porter poults are due here in May.

6. ColbyNTX

ColbyNTX Songster

May 2, 2009
    Woods, TX
    I got sweetgrass from him last year. He shipped 14 eggs and 7 hatched. I had a dog attack and now have a trio of 2 hens and a tom. They look really good and started laying yesterday. I also got some late season chocolate palm eggs and they shipped in 100+ deg weather and only 1 hatched and it's a tom but he is the sweetest thing. Maybe I will pen him with a RP hen later this year and see what we get.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: