Possessive ducks

Debra Lynn

Chirping
Jun 28, 2018
I have a pair of 1 year old ducks and they will not let my 3 chickens in the coop to lay anymore. As soon as a chicken goes in the coop, the drake will rush in and chase them out. Im guessing the female is going to start laying but wasnt expecting them to kick the chickens out. Any ideas how I can get them to coexist?

No ducks are friendly with chickens, so the only thing you can really do is to
separate them in different pens, and that's really all you can do with them.:):)
20190330_145153.jpg
20190226_183220.jpg
20190331_154011.jpg

wish i had an idea for you, mine grew uo together and the duck and 2 hens share a nest !

Mabye keep him seperate and let the hens have a chance, He might forget about protecting

Last edited:
No ducks are friendly with chickens, so the only thing you can really do is to
separate them in different pens, and that's really all you can do with them.:):)
My chickens nest boxes are mostly up where the ducks can’t get . So maybe see if you can fix it so the chickens can go InAnd fly up to their nest box.
My chickens nest boxes are mostly up where the ducks can’t get . So maybe see if you can fix it so the chickens can go InAnd fly up to their nest box.
Thank might
That a great idea, thanks!

Back
Top Bottom