Possible emergency;

I am happy to update - I went to let her and her goat bestie out of the barn this morning and she came WALKING on out like noooobodies business!! All sassy and goosey, very happy to see me. I was SHOCKED. I will continue to give her b vitamins for the next few days, what do you think @Goosebaby , @JRies and @PrettyCoolChicks ?
I'm going to look into supplementing her feed permanently, I may even just buy liquid b vitamins online and nutritional yeast as a top dress (b vitamins are also great for goats, so!) Not bad to have on hand in my opinion.

I am happy to update - I went to let her and her goat bestie out of the barn this morning and she came WALKING on out like noooobodies business!! All sassy and goosey, very happy to see me. I was SHOCKED. I will continue to give her b vitamins for the next few days, what do you think @Goosebaby , @JRies and @PrettyCoolChicks ?
I'm going to look into supplementing her feed permanently, I may even just buy liquid b vitamins online and nutritional yeast as a top dress (b vitamins are also great for goats, so!) Not bad to have on hand in my opinion.
You can tell she is a little unsteady on her feet - but she is NOT stumbling now, just looks cautious. I am SO relieved - I may have got teary eyed LOL.

You can tell she is a little unsteady on her feet - but she is NOT stumbling now, just looks cautious. I am SO relieved - I may have got teary eyed LOL.
On a roll @Goosebaby is wonderful at help to get them back on there feet. Growing Pains will have allot to do with her feed and how fast they develop. There are very few feeds that are meant for geese so supements help allot. Im still learning. Reading and adjusting every week. But the truth is no matter what I do different the geese know what they need. Love seeing all the green grass in your photos geese pick that first. Keep up the great job.

This is great news!

This is great news!
I truly was feeling a little lost and really REALLY worried... I cannot thank you and the others for your help. Her pen no longer has grass (because, goats lol) but she is out to free range every day - and we have no shortage of it!
I think it really helped to get her out a few times a day, carried to her pool, and then out to eat grass (even though she just laid there, I sat and drank my tea with her, and let her nibble away at what she could @JRies - I was so incredibly thrilled to see her up on her feet this morning. I'll keep up with the straight b vitamins in a syringe into her for the next little while, and then figure something out the plan of attack for daily supplementation that doesn't involve me having to straddle a goose and get us both covered in yellow, lol 😂

I truly was feeling a little lost and really REALLY worried... I cannot thank you and the others for your help. Her pen no longer has grass (because, goats lol) but she is out to free range every day - and we have no shortage of it!
I think it really helped to get her out a few times a day, carried to her pool, and then out to eat grass (even though she just laid there, I sat and drank my tea with her, and let her nibble away at what she could @JRies - I was so incredibly thrilled to see her up on her feet this morning. I'll keep up with the straight b vitamins in a syringe into her for the next little while, and then figure something out the plan of attack for daily supplementation that doesn't involve me having to straddle a goose and get us both covered in yellow, lol 😂
I have May and April me and both girls are bonded for life. April who came to me as a day old with a broken leg (now the main breeder in my flock) But had lots of heath issues the first year. Now understand it was all nutrition. May my white African who got her foot crushed. Both girls 1 year apart lived in my living room in a swimming pool for the winter. We are bonded forever....

I have May and April me and both girls are bonded for life. April who came to me as a day old with a broken leg (now the main breeder in my flock) But had lots of heath issues the first year. Now understand it was all nutrition. May my white African who got her foot crushed. Both girls 1 year apart lived in my living room in a swimming pool for the winter. We are bonded forever....
I FULLY considered bringing her in and setting her upstairs, in the spare bedroom! What a hilarious noise that would be every morning.

I DEFINITELY think there's some major growing going on too! She seems to be holding her wings as though they are heavy? NOT angel wing, just sort of holding them downward a bit (and not always, not dragging or anything crazy) I'll try to get a picture​

I DEFINITELY think there's some major growing going on too! She seems to be holding her wings as though they are heavy? NOT angel wing, just sort of holding them downward a bit (and not always, not dragging or anything crazy) I'll try to get a picture​
Is she overheated they do that sometimes to cool down and let the air under there wings wings where they have more cooling ability. But better advice would be @Goosebaby

@Goosebaby any ideas?? She seems happy otherwise (also not how I usually feed her lol!! But it keeps her still got photos )

@JRies it's not warm at all here right now, so I can't imagine? It's autumn and quite cool now of course

Attachments

• PXL_20231120_001124336.jpg
    PXL_20231120_001124336.jpg
    573.9 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20231120_001007707.jpg
    PXL_20231120_001007707.jpg
    722.2 KB · Views: 6
  • PXL_20231120_000925756.jpg
    PXL_20231120_000925756.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom