Possible eye worm photos - help!!

Weezy58

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
In the past few days one of our six-week-old Swedish ducklings has developed an eye issue that has us baffled. Both eyes look the same - bare tissue showing underneath the eye. She's the only duckling with this problem, and she's acting normally otherwise. It seems to be worsening quickly. Any thoughts will be greatly appreciated - we really love our ducks!

Last edited:
Changing your title may help get more replies. Maybe... Possible eye worm pictures. Help!!!!
I have no idea what that is on your duck, but I hope you find out soon.
Good luck

This is conjunctivitis which may be from a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma. It is not that bad yet, and may respond to antibiotics such as Tylan 50 either by mouth or as a shot. Can you estimate his weight? The dosage is roughly 1 ml per 10 lb. Antibiotic ointment in the eye may help.

Thanks eggcessive! I had no idea if that was tissue or a foreign body. I am so glad you replied.
Good luck with your duck, Weezy.
Melissa

This is conjunctivitis which may be from a respiratory disease such as mycoplasma. It is not that bad yet, and may respond to antibiotics such as Tylan 50 either by mouth or as a shot. Can you estimate his weight? The dosage is roughly 1 ml per 10 lb. Antibiotic ointment in the eye may help.

Thank you so much! I made an appointment with our vet to see about getting some meds. He does work with poultry and waterfowl so hopefully will be able to give this sweet little girl what she needs!

Thanks eggcessive! I had no idea if that was tissue or a foreign body. I am so glad you replied.
Good luck with your duck, Weezy.
Melissa

Thanks for the tip Melissa! We're seeing the vet tomorrow morning. (I'm known as "the duck lady" there - lol!)

Back
Top Bottom