20210507_162052.jpg
    486.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210507_162106.jpg
    20210507_162106.jpg
    503.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 20210507_152124.jpg
    20210507_152124.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 8
Saturday will be 4 weeks that we have them. They looked like this when we got them
Ok, so I would guess maybe 5 weeks old? So I would say the Brahma is a cockerel, but I could totally be wrong.

I know the wait is unbearable but for Brahmas, sometimes you don’t know until they lay. Hay they are very late to mature... I to have a Brahma (cupcake, see profile) but I still don’t know the gender, and cupcake is 9 weeks today...

Anyway, I wish you luck!

Ok, so I would guess maybe 5 weeks old? So I would say the Brahma is a cockerel, but I could totally be wrong.

I know the wait is unbearable but for Brahmas, sometimes you don’t know until they lay. Hay they are very late to mature... I to have a Brahma (cupcake, see profile) but I still don’t know the gender, and cupcake is 9 weeks today...

Anyway, I wish you luck!
Thank you. My daughter is going to be really sad if we have to give it away 😞 worse that we have to wait so long

Thank you. My daughter is going to be really sad if we have to give it away 😞 worse that we have to wait so long
As I’ve said, I hate the waiting. It’s basically the only thing on my mind right now... I just keep reminding myself to take a deep breath, and it won’t be the end of the world. I can’t keep cockerel, so that makes it extra sad for me... can you keep cockerels where you are?

As I’ve said, I hate the waiting. It’s basically the only thing on my mind right now... I just keep reminding myself to take a deep breath, and it won’t be the end of the world. I can’t keep cockerel, so that makes it extra sad for me... can you keep cockerels where you are?
Actually, you probably wouldn’t want to keep a cockerel if you have kids. Roosters are mean, and no matter how sweet they are as baby’s, wait for their hormones to kick in. It can get pretty ugly.

I can not either. Thankfully a friend that is a wildlife rehabilitator said she would take a roo if I ended up with one. Some say my Orpington looks like a roo too. We only have 3! We live where we cant have them and we are on .17 so everyone would know 😝

I can not either. Thankfully a friend that is a wildlife rehabilitator said she would take a roo if I ended up with one. Some say my Orpington looks like a roo too. We only have 3! We live where we cant have them and we are on .17 so everyone would know 😝
The 2 cuddly are my Orp and my Brahma. My Easter Egger will land on you but her terms lol

Ok day time pic

Attachments

• IMG_1056.jpg
    IMG_1056.jpg
    256.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1055.jpg
    IMG_1055.jpg
    290 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1054.jpg
    IMG_1054.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 4
Honestly, since it’s only about 5 or 6 weeks, I’m still going with cockerel. (Sorry!)

But, that being said, I am no where near professional. (I just try and help people the best I can, and I apologized I give out false information, though it’s never on purpose.)

That comb still looks pretty reddish and large for that age. I have a pullet/cockerel who looks about like that, but is now 8 weeks.

Again, I think it would be best to wait at least a few more weeks, and hopefully gain other people’s input.

Back
Top Bottom