Possible Guinea Eggs in "Quail" Batch?

Sorry to hear about the culprit, classroom. The leopard gecko is a baby sunglow. When she's full grown, the white will be gone and she'll be completely bright orange. I thought about getting a darker one (i can't remember the morph), but the guy who was selling them said they tended to be more temperamental. I decided on her, because this is my first time with a gecko. I've had small lizards before, but never something that got any bigger than my finger full grown (think anoles and small skinks). I've had a snake once before, but it just didn't turn out to be my thing. It snapped at me once and I was scared of it from then on. Luckily I found a nice guy to adopt him. I like snakes, don't get me wrong. They're just not my kind of pet.
idunno.gif

My friend helped name the little gecko lady, btw. Lychee!
big_smile.png

Quote: Oh yeah! Don't worry, I've thought of that. The guy gave me a starting kit of calcium dust without D3, and some really gross looking black soldier fly larvae. I think I'll switch to meal worms or crickets when she eats all those.
sickbyc.gif

I got my senior pictures done today! We went to Maymont Park, which is a park and animal conservation/rehabilitation center. It was a beautiful day out, so most of the animals were up and about!

Horned owl in "Raptor Valley"

All of the birds were in the same place (with different aviaries). This is a barred owl.

These were right at our feet. They smelled bad! Black vultures.

These were by far the coolest! You can probably tell what they are, lol.

Finally... The sleepy old black bear finally got off his lazy butt. If only for a second... for a blurry picture.

This wasn't an exhibit, but still really cool. They're honey bees! Imagine all the honey in that tree!

Yeah, pretty bummed and annoyed that the dog is the one, but I'll figure something out.

Sunglows are incredible! Such a gorgeous color! Who was the person you bought her from? Judging from the pictures, looks like a fairly decent sized breeding operation. I was seriously thinking about a gecko for a long while, but in all honesty, lizards tend to freak me out pretty easily and I didn't want to end up afraid of it at some point, lol. I know. A fear of lizards. Sounds ridiculous. Leopard geckos are low on my "freak out list", but I still didn't want to risk that. My motto with pretty much all snakes is "stay away from the end with the teeth". If it has a mouth it can bite, right? Er. Well. Geckos are really just going to gum you, but they can still attempt to bite... it just doesn't hurt. At all. Warning about crickets: Crickets can bite your gecko and injure it, if what I read is right. Of course, do some research on this, but I'd stay with mealworms. Of course, I could've forgotten something from my research. What kind of snake did you have? King?

And wow are those birds cool! I love those vultures. So cool looking.

In all honesty, I have completely forgotten who I bought her from, lol. I have his card somewhere, I just have to find it. The snake I had was a female carpet python. I got her as an adult, which is probably why she wasn't used to me handling her. But still... it only takes one bite to put you off forever, lol.

In all honesty, I have completely forgotten who I bought her from, lol. I have his card somewhere, I just have to find it. The snake I had was a female carpet python. I got her as an adult, which is probably why she wasn't used to me handling her. But still... it only takes one bite to put you off forever, lol.
Wow, a carpet python? Those can get pretty darn big! Not exactly what I would choose for a first snake, lol. They sure are pretty, though.

That is a big girl! If I end up getting a ball python, I expect it to get around 4-6 feet. I've heard of some carpet pythons getting over 7 feet!
rosy boas are better than ball pythons (as far as ease of care and temperament). They don't require as much heat or humidity.

Ball pythons are very specific in their needs, and are prone to respiratory infection due to parameters falling outside the proper ranges, too low or too high.

Last edited:
I use to take my rosy boa every where I went in my shirt pocket. He would hold his head out and most people thought he was fake.

Back
Top Bottom