Possible Guinea Eggs in "Quail" Batch?

Thanks, granny. My friend feels bad she couldn't take better care of her lizard, but I told her it was for the best. Unfortunately, I had no idea that bearded dragons required so much more upkeep than my little gecko. I had to get a huge tank, UVB lighting, special food, and "lizard-safe" tank decor... she can't even use sand as bedding! I had no clue, lol. I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll have a lot more opportunities to take pictures!

Thanks, granny. My friend feels bad she couldn't take better care of her lizard, but I told her it was for the best. Unfortunately, I had no idea that bearded dragons required so much more upkeep than my little gecko. I had to get a huge tank, UVB lighting, special food, and "lizard-safe" tank decor... she can't even use sand as bedding! I had no clue, lol. I'm getting a new phone soon, so I'll have a lot more opportunities to take pictures!

You have a dragon now? Geez, just go ahead and get a reptile room why don't you, lol. Bearded dragons are still in the beginner reptile range, though, I'm sure you can deal with it. Actually, from what I've read about lizards and reptiles in general, sand is just overall not good for much... I mean, some people use it, but it seems a lot of people don't recommend it for anything whatsoever (especially calcium sand). Good luck with the dragon!

I've been using newspaper because it's easy to clean up anyway... But now I know that sand is a definite no-no! I might switch to ceramic tiles for both little lizards soon. There's work to be done yet.

I had to rearrange my entire room to accommodate the spoiled little thing! My room is becoming a zoo. Partridges, cats, and now lizards... Good thing I have an attic room. Two rooms, tons of space, and all for me because I'm the only one short enough to stand up in here, lol. I might clear out the room next to mine and use that as a little pet room. That'll be a big weekend project, though. Right now it's a storage room.

I've been using newspaper because it's easy to clean up anyway... But now I know that sand is a definite no-no! I might switch to ceramic tiles for both little lizards soon. There's work to be done yet.

I had to rearrange my entire room to accommodate the spoiled little thing! My room is becoming a zoo. Partridges, cats, and now lizards... Good thing I have an attic room. Two rooms, tons of space, and all for me because I'm the only one short enough to stand up in here, lol. I might clear out the room next to mine and use that as a little pet room. That'll be a big weekend project, though. Right now it's a storage room.

Newspaper supposedly is pretty good. I know aspen is pretty good for snakes, but I forget whether it's any good for lizards.

Lol, I'm in the process of rearranging my bedroom to get some space for the snake... just found out there is actually a reptile show in my area. Had no idea. Can't wait to go.

Newspaper supposedly is pretty good. I know aspen is pretty good for snakes, but I forget whether it's any good for lizards.

Lol, I'm in the process of rearranging my bedroom to get some space for the snake... just found out there is actually a reptile show in my area. Had no idea. Can't wait to go.
I wouldn't use aspen for lizards, they eat with their tongues and can eat too much and become impacted from all the insoluble fiber.

Newspaper, paper towels are good. You can normally get the end rolls from newspapers, or buy it in bulk from lowes.

Currogated paper is really nice for them, gives them good traction. Would probably be good for the hatcher/broader for fowl as well!

I wouldn't use aspen for lizards, they eat with their tongues and can eat too much and become impacted from all the insoluble fiber.

Newspaper, paper towels are good. You can normally get the end rolls from newspapers, or buy it in bulk from lowes.

Currogated paper is really nice for them, gives them good traction. Would probably be good for the hatcher/broader for fowl as well!

That's why I wasn't so sure on the aspen. Lizards are strange creatures, that much is the only definite thing about caring for them, it seems.

Does anyone know if partridges squat? Seems like Felix has been doing that to his (her?) favorite cat lately... It's really funny, but I'm not sure what the little thing's intentions are.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom