Possible Guinea Eggs in "Quail" Batch?

The dragon required too much care for me, considering I'm still new to lizard owning, and don't have as much time on my hands as I would like to care for it. The only thing I need to do with my gecko is feed it crickets every day, and change her newspaper once a week. The dragon needed to be fed a balanced diet of bugs and vegetables about twice a day, special UVB lighting on a timed schedule, and I'd have to frequently soak her in a bowl of warm water because they shed so often. She'd even need that bowl for drinking, since she wouldn't drink using her mouth (gross...). All of that, not to mention how big they get! I'd probably have to start taking her to a vet for check ups, and she'd constantly be in need of a bigger tank or time to walk around outside.

Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to keep her, but she just wasn't lining up well with my needs. She'll do much better with someone who can take care of her properly.

I can only assume she's mixed with wild, but you could never tell by looking at her. She looks just like a little dwarf rabbits. She's too cute! She's already getting used to people. She eats just fine, and likes to sit in your lap.
love.gif

Sorry for not posting lately, guys. (I know, I know, I say that way too much lol).

School hasn't started yet, it starts on Tuesday, but I've still been really busy getting everything I need together. I had to find another home for that bearded dragon I was given, it was turning out to be way too much for me to handle. Luckily, my mom knows a guy who specializes in the little scaly things. Hope she's okay.

We had a rabbit doe get loose from her hutch a few months ago. We could never catch her, and when we stopped seeing her in the yard, we assumed she'd been eaten by something... Well guess what we found today? A baby netherland dwarf rabbit! That's not a wild rabbit in the least! It looks at least 5 or 6 weeks old, and was by itself. I guess that means she's still out there... We snatched the baby up, now we gotta find the mom so she can't breed with the wild population again.
idunno.gif

Felix is doing great, but I think she's broken up with her cat boyfriend, lol. They've been ignoring each other lately, and she's been following the pekingnese dog around. So much drama for such a tiny little bird.

I'm pretty sure that most if not all of the wild "rabbits" in the US are actually hares. Domestic rabbits can't breed with hares, so it's extremely unlikely that the rabbit mated with the wild ones. However, I'm not sure where you live and whether or not you have wild rabbits in your area. And I'm also pretty sure that they can't breed with cottontails. I do believe they can interbreed with the ones in Europe, but I don't think it's possible in the US.

thats an interesting fact. i thought a rabbit was a rabbit. i would like to learn more ! and rabbits vary by location? or hares?
Rabbits are all in the family leporidae. Domestic rabbits are in the genus oryctolagus. The majority of wild rabbits are in the genus sylvilagus, which of course means that it is highly unlikely that they would breed together and produce offspring. European rabbits however, are also in the genus oryctolagus making it more likely for them to breed. If I remember correctly, European rabbits are the same species as domestic rabbits. Just random bits of information I picked up at the rabbit shows I go to.

Hmm. One of my chickens is acting weird. He (I think it's a he) is a tolbunt polish a little past the age that they start to lose their baby voices. He isn't moving too much, but has walked around a little bit. Usually he's pretty active. His wings are droopy (this isn't too uncommon for him, but coupled with everything else, it seems to be a red flag) and he isn't going to the water dish. If I put water in front of him, he drinks, and he drinks quite a lot. However, if I don't do that, he won't drink. He is being left behind by the rest of his flock, and he won't go outside (this isn't too weird for him, he hasn't seen the outside very much. He seems to be off balance when you pick him up, more than usual. For some reason he's been sitting in the sun. His nostrils are clear, his beak isn't gaping open, his eyes are clear, his legs look fine, and I don't see mites. I'm thinking it might be dehydration due to the fact that he doesn't seem to be drinking except for what I put in front of him. As in, within two inches of him. He's better than he was two days ago, but I'm a little worried. Any ideas?

hmm almost sounds like he would benefit from some poli-vi-sol without iron. tolbunts are , well, not bright. mine never did have balance to climb. i cant believe you got some !! i only had the one spazz and he was sick for months. i think i would post in emer. just to get a couple opinions.

hmm almost sounds like he would benefit from some poli-vi-sol without iron. tolbunts are , well, not bright. mine never did have balance to climb. i cant believe you got some !! i only had the one spazz and he was sick for months. i think i would post in emer. just to get a couple opinions.
Yeah, posting over there sounds like a good idea. So is it a tolbunt thing to lack balance? Because I have never once seen him attempt to perch on anything. He's a funny bird. I actually have a total of eight or nine polish right now. The one tolbunt (he's the super sweet and tame one), three black ones with white poofs, two buffs and some others I can't remember. It was my dad's idea to get these, but they've all been pretty great except for this one issue. Honestly, while polish seem like you either love them or you hate them, I can honestly say I love them. Really cool looking chickens. Ok, heading over to the emer area, be back in a bit.

Back
Top Bottom