Possible Guinea Eggs in "Quail" Batch?

LOL ! i think they have been inbreed too much myself but who am I ? I dont get into the genes of chickens ( or any others for that matter) when i start my flock over i am going for heritage . couple buckeyes, ect... have to learn them first and see about availability. from clean stock.

Sorry for not posting, guys. I really haven't been in that kind of mood. Three days ago when I got home front school, I was going to let Felix out of her crate to walk around, and she wasn't moving. I don't think I've ever been this torn up about one of our birds passing away. I guess she was just different. I'm burying her tomorrow. I can't bring myself to put her in the compost like we do the chickens.

oh cheyan, i am so sorry baby. big hugs to you. i know how much she meant to you. its good that you will bury her. i would be a bit surprised if she was put anywhere else. i will miss the storys of her antics from you. she may of had a short live, but it was a full one. I dont know of any other one like her that got to live their life out being someones baby . spoiled and loved like she was. i will miss her too . god speed Felix .
hit.gif

not just birds. my boys cat of 12 yrs. went into kidney failure and i had to have the vet put him down. he was dying already. we are heartbroken over it. he was his therapy cat. seeing behavior issues already. Cheyan, hope you are feeling better. better come talk to me before i go into surgery monday.
hugs.gif

I'll be okay, granny. I did get a few sympathy PM's along with your nice comments. It's nice to know this website has such a sweet community. I've just been having a hard week, but I can get past it. Been thinking about getting a marker for where I buried poor Felix. Hard to believe how attached I could've gotten to such a sort lived little bird.

I'm so sorry to hear about your son's cat. I couldn't imagine losing mine. I raised her from a squirmy little kitten. Wasn't even weaned yet. I know a lot of people can think cats are mean or cold, but they can be just as loving and kind as any dog. The only difference is you have to earn their trust, whereas dogs will love anyone that feeds them. I hope he'll be okay. Seems like it's a bad week to be a pet in general. My sister lost one of her kittens, too.

What's your surgery for, granny? I hope it's nothing too serious!

I am happy to hear from you cheyan, surgery is going to put me to bed for a while and a 6 month recovery my archills tendon is ripped away from the heel bone. its a little complicated and a bit of nasty surgery but i will be fine. no details needed. lol you should make a marker for felix. if i wasnt down right now i could have but no way now. you can do it. put a beautiful saying on it. take care of yourself sweety.
hugs.gif

I hope everything goes well granny. You should get your son to buy you a tablet or something. That way you can check in from time to time without having to leave your bed.
big_smile.png

I'm done moping around. I'm still sad about felix, obviously, but I think I'll get over it. I'll have a lot more closure once I have a marker of some sort for her. I think I need a new project. I haven't hatched anything in what seems like a million years. Maybe I can convince my mom to get a new incubator for christmas. I want to try something new. Maybe I'll order guinea eggs without her knowing!

Back
Top Bottom