Possible prolapsed vent and pasty butt

Alijustis

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2022
I bought eight baby chicks from a local feed store about four days ago. I have bought chicks from this store and never had any problems. Though today I noticed a lot of them have pasty butt, so I treated them until I got to last one, she’s a blue silky, I noticed hers was way worse than the others, I started treating it but I saw what looked almost a tumor on her vent so I stopped as soon as I saw it. I did some research and I came to a conclusion that’s it’s a prolapsed vent, but I don’t know this to treat it, and I don’t want to make it worse trying clean up more of the poop, what do I do?

I bought eight baby chicks from a local feed store about four days ago. I have bought chicks from this store and never had any problems. Though today I noticed a lot of them have pasty butt, so I treated them until I got to last one, she’s a blue silky, I noticed hers was way worse than the others, I started treating it but I saw what looked almost a tumor on her vent so I stopped as soon as I saw it. I did some research and I came to a conclusion that’s it’s a prolapsed vent, but I don’t know this to treat it, and I don’t want to make it worse trying clean up more of the poop, what do I do?
She’s been sleeping all day, but she will randomly wake up and chirp super loudly and go back to sleep, I don’t think she’s been eating or drinking at all

Back
Top Bottom