Possible RIR Rooster

xswalden1

Hatching
10 Years
Nov 18, 2009
I've been reading the forum for several months now, both before and after I have gotten my chicks. I think this is a great site for prepareing to get chickens and keeping your chickens healthy.

I believe I have a rooster but really can't tell. From reading other post I believe I took pictures from good angles and showing it (her) in enough detail. I don't want a rooster so I still have hope that I she is not a he.

5-6 wks old
44710_9-24-09_267.jpg

12 wks old
44710_chickens_003-1.jpg

44710_chickens_007-1.jpg

Here is a picture without the flash so you can see the color better.
44710_chickens_014-1.jpg

He is a boy for sure,but I think because of his white legs and light feather color he is RIR and Orpington cross.If you post your question in section:What breed or gender is it; -you will have more answers

Last edited:
Hi,

He sure looks like a rooster to me! I'm going by his wattles, which are awfully long for a hen. I have some RIR hens and none of them have wattles like that. Good luck!
smile.png
Genie

Thanks for the replies. I'm going to head out for lunch and hope someone replies saying that its' a girl while I'm out.
roll.png

Anyone in the North Dallas area want to meetup for a free rooster? I'll create a new post in the correct section later.

Back
Top Bottom