Wow that’s interesting. All of the ones I see around here are small light and have small pincers. And they definitely ate a couple today. Those little pricks I hate them. I’ve been slowly giving her molasses in small amounts I just am scared of feeding to much and having her breathe some in.Did you get a good look at the scorpion? There is a deadly scorpion in the southwest deserts called C. sculpturatus. Unlike the average large scorpions that are hideous but pretty tame, this one can be deadly. In fact, I was stung just a month ago (in bed at night of all places) by one of the harmless varieties of scorpion. It burned for a few hours, but it didn't even swell.
The way to tell the harmless from the deadly is the deadly ones are usually small and slender and lighter in color and have small pincers. The harmless ones are usually larger, darker, wider bodied and have large pincers, looking more like a miniature lobster.
Two of my chicks were stung during the summer by a deadly caterpillar. They tried to eat it and it stung their tongues, causing the tongue tip to start to die. I tried activated charcoal, molasses flush, and milk thistle. Nothing worked. They had to be euthanized because they declined and were in a lot of pain.
You can try activated charcoal. Molasses flush is one fourth cup of water with one teaspoon of molasses mixed in. I mixed the charcoal in with the molasses and syringed them into the chicks.
Can you find a picture on the internet that may look similar or exactly like the one you saw them eat? I don't think I am much help otherwise, but this is a very interesting thread. I hope you ladies get better! This may work to repeal the scorpions, you would need to hang ti from an extension cord, or have power in your coop though. Good luck! Avery