Possible sick 9 week chicken? Help please

kengboss21

Chirping
Oct 10, 2023
NYC
https://www.backyardchickens.com/gallery/albums/maybe-sick-chicken.7430202/

This is my 9 week old hen, she’s not cold she’s fully feathered out and it’s between 50-70° here and she has friends to snuggle with at night. She’s shivering and shacking and seems to be off balance when on the roost, she’s eating for sure but I’m not sure about drinking. She walks fine when she’s on the ground and doesn’t shake nearly as much. Is she sick?

I wonder if she is having some neurological symptoms. That doesn’t look normal. I would give her some vitamin E 400 IU softgel and 1/4 tablet daily of human B complex. Do you currently have any chick vitamins that you can start until you could get those? In the meantime, could you bring her somewhere warm inside?

I wonder if she is having some neurological symptoms. That doesn’t look normal. I would give her some vitamin E 400 IU softgel and 1/4 tablet daily of human B complex. Do you currently have any chick vitamins that you can start until you could get those? In the meantime, could you bring her somewhere warm inside?
yea i wonder if this is from her falling off while attempting to land on a roost or what. I have chick vitamin packets I'm gonna administer them tomorrow in the water. Thank u for the help
for more info though she walks fine she runs away from the big girls fine and she even got up on the roost tonight fine. She's not shaking anymore, could it be the fear of me being around that makes her shake? Thank u

If the tremors continue, she may need more vitamin E than what is in a supplement. Human 400 IU softgels can be given orally once a day.

Back
Top Bottom