Possible sick chicken?

foLk

In the Brooder
Sep 7, 2021
I just bought a 1 week old Sapphire gem three days ago, she seemed perfectly fine, the next day I noticed she was keeping one eye closed, and so I figured it got scratched or pecked by the 100s of others tsc keeps in their tank, but as the days went on I've tried washing her eye, and everything, today I went to check on her and it seems both eyes are shut now, also I don't know if this is just stringy poop or giant worm that came from her or if it's just regular and the water did that , her other poops look normal and she's eating or drinking but just both eyes are shut , any help would be appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_20210922_073102.jpg
    IMG_20210922_073102.jpg
    350.4 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20210922_072939.jpg
    IMG_20210922_072939.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210922_074015.jpg
    IMG_20210922_074015.jpg
    176.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20210922_074028.jpg
    IMG_20210922_074028.jpg
    159.9 KB · Views: 4
I just bought a 1 week old Sapphire gem three days ago, she seemed perfectly fine, the next day I noticed she was keeping one eye closed, and so I figured it got scratched or pecked by the 100s of others tsc keeps in their tank, but as the days went on I've tried washing her eye, and everything, today I went to check on her and it seems both eyes are shut now, also I don't know if this is just stringy poop or giant worm that came from her or if it's just regular and the water did that , her other poops look normal and she's eating or drinking but just both eyes are shut , any help would be appreciated
Can she open her eyes at all? Or no, i would still continue cleaning. Have you tried tylan 200? I havent, but ive read people that say it works, do more research to make sure its good for your chick, though im pretty confident it is. Best of luck

Can she open her eyes at all? Or no, i would still continue cleaning. Have you tried tylan 200? I havent, but ive read people that say it works, do more research to make sure its good for your chick, though im pretty confident it is. Best of luck
She opened one but just for a little bit, and thank you

She opened one but just for a little bit, and thank you
thats great :love make sure shes hydrated, she could be dehydrated to, try dipping her beak gently in the water for her to get a sip with your finger. Or put water on your finger and give it to her like that.

I think the poop just looks like that because of the water.

I'd try wiping off the eyes gently every once in a while, to make sure something isn't causing them to stick together, then get some Poultry Nutri-Drench and direct dose her to perk her up and ensure she's getting some liquid + vitamins, in case she isn't eating as well as she should.

I think the poop just looks like that because of the water.

I'd try wiping off the eyes gently every once in a while, to make sure something isn't causing them to stick together, then get some Poultry Nutri-Drench and direct dose her to perk her up and ensure she's getting some liquid + vitamins, in case she isn't eating as well as she should.
I agree.

Update: my wife wiped her eyes a few times and now they're both fully open, also I didn't notice her nostril, I think it may just be the picture because it looks normal irl, thanks for all the help

Back
Top Bottom