Possible wry neck

mrosehogge

In the Brooder
Feb 15, 2023
Hello! This isn’t the first time I’ve dealt with something like this just hasn’t been this severe, pretty sure my chicken or a rooster I’m not sure yet because he’s a young Silkie but I’m pretty sure he has wry neck it happen most out of nowhere the other day I’ve been giving vitamin E supplements, Nutri drench, vitamin B and vitamin K. Also Hydro him in the water for the past two days. He has also been Quarantine from the flock a few days now I had a chicken and her neck was limp. I gave her vitamin B12 and vitamin K within 48 hours she was back to normal and laid an egg this one not so much. I’ve noticed one of his eyes crusted over there’s a video I’m going to attach. It’s pretty sad , it’s been pretty hot as well but I have a fan in front of the house he is quarantined in and I’m not sure if it’s wrong to keep him alive. Maybe I should just put him out of his misery but I don’t want to if there’s any hope for him to live a normal life, none of my other chickens have shown any signs of this he is on Neutrena 16% layer feed which all of my chickens are on if anyone has any advice or if they think I should put him out of his misery please let me know. I’m not sure if I should try anything else or continue to do what I’m doing or if he’s suffering. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place rite now.

Hello! This isn’t the first time I’ve dealt with something like this just hasn’t been this severe, pretty sure my chicken or a rooster I’m not sure yet because he’s a young Silkie but I’m pretty sure he has wry neck it happen most out of nowhere the other day I’ve been giving vitamin E supplements, Nutri drench, vitamin B and vitamin K. Also Hydro him in the water for the past two days. He has also been Quarantine from the flock a few days now I had a chicken and her neck was limp. I gave her vitamin B12 and vitamin K within 48 hours she was back to normal and laid an egg this one not so much. I’ve noticed one of his eyes crusted over there’s a video I’m going to attach. It’s pretty sad , it’s been pretty hot as well but I have a fan in front of the house he is quarantined in and I’m not sure if it’s wrong to keep him alive. Maybe I should just put him out of his misery but I don’t want to if there’s any hope for him to live a normal life, none of my other chickens have shown any signs of this he is on Neutrena 16% layer feed which all of my chickens are on if anyone has any advice or if they think I should put him out of his misery please let me know. I’m not sure if I should try anything else or continue to do what I’m doing or if he’s suffering. I’m stuck between a rock and a hard place rite now.
I just realized I can’t post a video not sure a picture would work because he isn’t super fluffy and just looks like a blob of black fluff

Back
Top Bottom