Possibly hatching 2 sets of twin eggs

I have prepared myself for the worst, but hope for the best. I know it will make me sad . I put the big egg in for a fun experiment... but the blue egg just so happened to be a double yolk... they seem to be the most active... out of all the eggs... I love watching them grow... lockdown is Saturday.... I work Saturday-Tuesday so day 21 I’ll be there till 3:30pm... but I’ll be home the rest of the week... both eggs circled are the double embryos

Your large egg should be fine, however the small one I don’t think has a chance unfortunately :(

Space ended up being the issue I believe with my remaining ones. The large one has a better chance! Fingers crossed for both!!

Yes definitely wait till day 22 to assist. There’s a post on the forum about hatch assist, I’d definitely read that. But if there isn’t even an internal pip there isn’t much you can assist unfortunately :(

Really hope your guys make it!!

Your large egg should be fine, however the small one I don’t think has a chance unfortunately :(

Space ended up being the issue I believe with my remaining ones. The large one has a better chance! Fingers crossed for both!!

Yes definitely wait till day 22 to assist. There’s a post on the forum about hatch assist, I’d definitely read that. But if there isn’t even an internal pip there isn’t much you can assist unfortunately :(

Really hope your guys make it!!
Yes I actually thought the one has no room I doubt it can fit 2.... unless for some chance they miraculously survive.... I do think the other egg has better odds...

Oh how fun.... I want to hatch some silkie eggs eventually... this is my first hatch... I have a hen go broody (her breed was labeled not broody) I’m debating if I should let her hatch a group or take her eggs and slide my babies under her at night

Oh how fun.... I want to hatch some silkie eggs eventually... this is my first hatch... I have a hen go broody (her breed was labeled not broody) I’m debating if I should let her hatch a group or take her eggs and slide my babies under her at night

Once I move I’m definitely doing another hatching experiment! It was so much fun watching them grow it’s so fascinating! I have this thing for frizzle chickens and would love to get into the genetics of them, especially crossed with silkies

Once I move I’m definitely doing another hatching experiment! It was so much fun watching them grow it’s so fascinating! I have this thing for frizzle chickens and would love to get into the genetics of them, especially crossed with silkies
I am constantly getting double yolker eggs....

How's it going? Any updates?
The blue egg I thought was a double embryo was a single embryo just a little farther ahead than the rest, it hatched yesterday afternoon.... HE/SHE is doing great. The second really large egg was also just a single baby but, it was unable to turn and get into the air sac. A large second yolk was blocking it. The baby was fully developed but must have passed sometime in those 3 days. I have 3 more single babies hatching now and I had 3 successful babies born yesterday :)

The blue egg I thought was a double embryo was a single embryo just a little farther ahead than the rest, it hatched yesterday afternoon.... HE/SHE is doing great. The second really large egg was also just a single baby but, it was unable to turn and get into the air sac. A large second yolk was blocking it. The baby was fully developed but must have passed sometime in those 3 days. I have 3 more single babies hatching now and I had 3 successful babies born yesterday :)

Aww so sad you lost the one :(
But really glad you have 3 healthy babies!!

Back
Top Bottom