Possibly hatching 2 sets of twin eggs

cassifaith

In the Brooder
Feb 25, 2019
I currently have 7 eggs in my incubator. Upon candling I found my really large egg possibly has 2 embryos. I have a second egg, it’s not much bigger than a regular egg (maybe a tad bigger) it appears to also have 2 embryos in it. We are on day 13.... I’ve been following forums and found one from years ago that hatched 2 chicks. Now, I know it’s super rare... so I’m trying to think positive but I know the cHances are slim. My first step is getting a second incubator.... to put both eggs in.... I’m worried if they will need assistance I don’t want the other 5 eggs to be compromised.... I hand turn my eggs 3 or more times a day.... lockdown is set for Saturday... I’m getting the second incubator this week... I’ll get it running and stable... then when turning I’ll move them.... but I’m sure I’ll need help attempting this....any advice??? I included a video I uploaded of candling day 11

Yours seem to be ying yang positioned as opposed to stacked like donuts which seems more promising! I did an experiment with 12 doubles and none survived unfortunately so prepare yourself for it to not work :(
No matter how much I tried it still hit me really hard.

The best you can do is leave them be till lockdown. I’d even leave them in the bator with the others because hearing chicks peeping and trying to hatch might encourage the others. But that’s just my philosophy haha. For assisting just take them out of the bator quickly so you don’t compromise the others. Of my 12, 3 doubles made it to lockdown but nobody pipped or absorbed the yolk sack, so this is where it will possibly go wrong. Just give them time to pip, candle to check if there’s one in the air cell and if that’s the case you can start searching for the others beak and make their pip for them. If internally pipped a safety hole is a good idea too.

Just beware, the chance they’ll pip is small :(

But fingers crossed!!! I’m following in suspense!

I currently have 7 eggs in my incubator. Upon candling I found my really large egg possibly has 2 embryos. I have a second egg, it’s not much bigger than a regular egg (maybe a tad bigger) it appears to also have 2 embryos in it. We are on day 13.... I’ve been following forums and found one from years ago that hatched 2 chicks. Now, I know it’s super rare... so I’m trying to think positive but I know the cHances are slim. My first step is getting a second incubator.... to put both eggs in.... I’m worried if they will need assistance I don’t want the other 5 eggs to be compromised.... I hand turn my eggs 3 or more times a day.... lockdown is set for Saturday... I’m getting the second incubator this week... I’ll get it running and stable... then when turning I’ll move them.... but I’m sure I’ll need help attempting this....any advice??? I included a video I uploaded of candling day 11
I also have a double in my incubator. Only on day 3 though. Fingers crossed for you :fl and me :fl

Yours seem to be ying yang positioned as opposed to stacked like donuts which seems more promising! I did an experiment with 12 doubles and none survived unfortunately so prepare yourself for it to not work :(
No matter how much I tried it still hit me really hard.

The best you can do is leave them be till lockdown. I’d even leave them in the bator with the others because hearing chicks peeping and trying to hatch might encourage the others. But that’s just my philosophy haha. For assisting just take them out of the bator quickly so you don’t compromise the others. Of my 12, 3 doubles made it to lockdown but nobody pipped or absorbed the yolk sack, so this is where it will possibly go wrong. Just give them time to pip, candle to check if there’s one in the air cell and if that’s the case you can start searching for the others beak and make their pip for them. If internally pipped a safety hole is a good idea too.

Just beware, the chance they’ll pip is small :(

But fingers crossed!!! I’m following in suspense!
I have prepared myself for the worst, but hope for the best. I know it will make me sad . I put the big egg in for a fun experiment... but the blue egg just so happened to be a double yolk... they seem to be the most active... out of all the eggs... I love watching them grow... lockdown is Saturday.... I work Saturday-Tuesday so day 21 I’ll be there till 3:30pm... but I’ll be home the rest of the week... both eggs circled are the double embryos

Attachments

• F4034596-1E26-424C-8B7D-9477EB1C5AAA.jpeg
    F4034596-1E26-424C-8B7D-9477EB1C5AAA.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 13
I also have a double in my incubator. Only on day 3 though. Fingers crossed for you :fl and me :fl
It’s kinda exciting... but scary and I’ve been researching everything I can... there’s a girl years ago on here that hatched twin chickens and they both lived.... someone said to wait till day 22 and then try to see if you can assist.... today I met a girl that said mixed breeds have a better chance than full breeds...

It’s kinda exciting... but scary and I’ve been researching everything I can... there’s a girl years ago on here that hatched twin chickens and they both lived.... someone said to wait till day 22 and then try to see if you can assist.... today I met a girl that said mixed breeds have a better chance than full breeds...
I’m waiting for day 5 to candle and see if mine are even viable. I have 12 silkie eggs in with mine.
CDAB2F8F-A08D-48BA-B7D3-3A3CF2FF9766.jpeg
8E68C0B8-A311-42D2-8706-05BA08745DB6.jpeg 95.5 grams

Back
Top Bottom