Possibly sick peachick - poo pic

Can you take her to the vet tomorrow?
Yes, I plan to. She's the same. No better, no worse. She was just fine until 2am this morning. Then we heard a ruckus in their enclosure and found her like this. I wonder if she injured herself. There are no outward signs. I thought maybe she got sick and fell over, but maybe this is an injury instead of illness. I've spent all day by her side, poor thing. I got her to drink a LITTLE water, but she wants none of it.

That does not look good, I would not rule out BH but it does look like a bacterial infection poo.
Thank you. She had a good night's sleep and seems more alert this morning, but still not interested in food or water. She goes to eat, but then just smells it and does a little strange head twitch. The vet opens at 9 and I'm going to see if they'll take me earlier. They're super weird about that. I wish there were another avian vet around here.

They still won't see me until three. But she's up and walking around and acting much more normal, but still not eating and barely drinking. I got her to drink some water with a little apple cider vinegar for electrolytes. I also dipped my finger in egg and wiped it on her tongue. She's preening a little as we speak, which she hasn't done since day before yesterday. I'm thinking more and more that she has some sort of infection. If she can hang on for another two hours, hopefully they can administer an antibiotic. Not looking forward to the stress of the vet visit on her though. Rest has been really good for her.

They still won't see me until three. But she's up and walking around and acting much more normal, but still not eating and barely drinking. I got her to drink some water with a little apple cider vinegar for electrolytes. I also dipped my finger in egg and wiped it on her tongue. She's preening a little as we speak, which she hasn't done since day before yesterday. I'm thinking more and more that she has some sort of infection. If she can hang on for another two hours, hopefully they can administer an antibiotic. Not looking forward to the stress of the vet visit on her though. Rest has been really good for her.
My bad, for some reason I thought you were going in this morning.:oops: Please do talk to them about tube feeding and get them to sell you a tube and 60 ml syringe.

Does sound like it's some type of bacterial infection, which should be easy to treat. Also talk to them about blackhead and tell them you want to be prepared just in case.

My bad, for some reason I thought you were going in this morning.:oops: Please do talk to them about tube feeding and get them to sell you a tube and 60 ml syringe.

Does sound like it's some type of bacterial infection, which should be easy to treat. Also talk to them about blackhead and tell them you want to be prepared just in case.
Thank you so much. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom