Possibly sour crop? Need help

Wonderful, I have a ton of coconut oil. Thank you!

I just read about the molasses flush, should I administer that a day or so after the oil?

Yes, follow up the oil a day later with one teaspoon of molasses mixed into one-fourth cup warm water. The chicken should drink it all, so leave it as the only water source until it's gone. Or you can syringe it into the beak.

Would dark corn syrup (karo) work in place of molasses? I’m having a hard time finding it in the stores by me, but I have the dark corn syrup?

My mother in law will try to bring her molasses from home in the morning, I’ll have her bring some epsom salt too - we just ran out. So epsom salt or molasses will work for the flush? I gave her the coconut oil today with no issues.

Yes, Epsom salt is a very good flush. Molasses is, too, and may be easier for the chicken to drink on their own. But some will readily drink the Epsom salt solution, too. If not, you will need to syringe or tube it into the crop.

If you do the Epsom salt flush mix one teaspoon of the salts with one ounce warm water. This is such a small amount, it is easily syringed into the crop. This is how you do it safely.
upload_2019-3-15_10-22-30.jpeg

Oh my goodness, thank you for the photo and everything! Good to know about the epsom salt too.
My plan is to put her in her own cage with the water, and leave her while I go to work. So I’m hoping she’ll drink some on her own *cross fingers*

I just got back home, and she drink some of the molasses mixture, but not all of it. Is it a useful flush if she doesn’t drink it all? Or is it okay to syringe the epsom salt down her throat?

Why don't you stick with just the molasses for now? Try to get the rest of it down her. Tomorrow you can try the Epsom salt flush if there isn't any improvement.

Back
Top Bottom