Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

coming up to 14 weeks old. Picture taken a week ago. We think he's a buff x rir

I just set 12 eggs from the following cross.

Black Copper Marans roo with the following hens
+ SLW
+GLW
+Buff Orp
+RIR
+ Austrlorp
+Cuckoo Marans Mix
+ Golden Sex Link
+ Barred Rock
+ Welsummer

Cant wait to see what they will look like!
I just started reading this thread. Do you have photos of your chicks from the above post? I'm in my first-ever hatch right now and have (so far):
4 Faverolles X EE,
3 Faverolles X ?? (options are SLW, SS, or cuckoo Marans...there were also Welsummer X hens but I don't believe any of the viable eggs are Wellie X).
1 blue copper Marans
There is also one slow zipper Marans (it rests and then tries again, so I figure it's just working in its own time) and another one starting to zip. 2 more Fav X EE pipped. Four unpipped yet out of 16 total.

Hi! Just joining in this thread! Thought I would share pics of my sweet baby! He is almost 9 weeks old. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red Rooster and mama was a Barred Rock hen. We are almost positive that he is a roo, even though he is currently a little stocky like a hen. He has a nice tall comb for his age, and isn't it true that only the roos should be barred from this particular cross? He is completely barred. Mostly red and white barring, but black and white on his neck and tail. I think he's adorable and will grow up to be a gorgeous roo! He was the only surviving hatchling of my first time broody hen. He has bonded to me like his mother hen, and is still living indoors. This is what I get for winter hatching! Ha! Anyway, just wanted to share our cross that has turned out beautifully! By the way...his name is Rocky! He is the son of Tyson the roo and Emma the barred rock hen.
love.gif

Hi! Just joining in this thread! Thought I would share pics of my sweet baby! He is almost 9 weeks old. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red Rooster and mama was a Barred Rock hen. We are almost positive that he is a roo, even though he is currently a little stocky like a hen. He has a nice tall comb for his age, and isn't it true that only the roos should be barred from this particular cross? He is completely barred. Mostly red and white barring, but black and white on his neck and tail. I think he's adorable and will grow up to be a gorgeous roo! He was the only surviving hatchling of my first time broody hen. He has bonded to me like his mother hen, and is still living indoors. This is what I get for winter hatching! Ha! Anyway, just wanted to share our cross that has turned out beautifully! By the way...his name is Rocky! He is the son of Tyson the roo and Emma the barred rock hen.
love.gif

very pretty!

love.gif
You are correct in that he's a sex link rooster. Barred boys, non barred girls from that cross.

I did kind of the opposite, a barred roo over a red hen, and got your boy's mate! The father was actually a black sex link, with some easter egger in the mix, so my girl has a beard. Not laying yet, do I don't know what color eggs.

I call her my little calico hen lol. Just love the coloring.

Last edited:
You are correct in that he's a sex link rooster. Barred boys, non barred girls from that cross.

I did kind of the opposite, a barred roo over a red hen, and got your boy's mate! The father was actually a black sex link, with some easter egger in the mix, so my girl has a beard. Not laying yet, do I don't know what color eggs.

I call her my little calico hen lol. Just love the coloring.

Oh she is beautiful!! Like a little female version of my boy! And thank you for the confirmation that he is, indeed, a boy! LOL Can't wait for him to grow up so I can breed him as well. Hoping to hatch a couple more from my barred rocks with my new RIR roo. We have retired Tyson, who is the father of my little guy. Can't wait to experiment a little more with breeding this line! Just getting into it but really loving the fun and surprise that comes with cross-breeding chickens!

Back
Top Bottom