1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Post a Picture of Your Cross Breed

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by acemario, Feb 3, 2013.

1. LittleChick12

LittleChick12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 20, 2013
    England
    [​IMG]

coming up to 14 weeks old. Picture taken a week ago. We think he's a buff x rir

2. jetdog

jetdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    Massachusetts
    [​IMG]
    19 week old columbian rock cross, just started laying this week 4 eggs second one was a double yolker.

3. I just started reading this thread. Do you have photos of your chicks from the above post? I'm in my first-ever hatch right now and have (so far):
    4 Faverolles X EE,
    3 Faverolles X ?? (options are SLW, SS, or cuckoo Marans...there were also Welsummer X hens but I don't believe any of the viable eggs are Wellie X).
    1 blue copper Marans
    There is also one slow zipper Marans (it rests and then tries again, so I figure it's just working in its own time) and another one starting to zip. 2 more Fav X EE pipped. Four unpipped yet out of 16 total.

4. acemario

acemario Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2012
    Northern Utah
    I just crossed a FBCM with a White-Leghorn cross. I'll post the pictures of the 8 week old chicks soon! :)

5. MrsJenSmith2007

MrsJenSmith2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2013
    West Virginia
    Hi! Just joining in this thread! Thought I would share pics of my sweet baby! He is almost 9 weeks old. His daddy was a Rhode Island Red Rooster and mama was a Barred Rock hen. We are almost positive that he is a roo, even though he is currently a little stocky like a hen. He has a nice tall comb for his age, and isn't it true that only the roos should be barred from this particular cross? He is completely barred. Mostly red and white barring, but black and white on his neck and tail. I think he's adorable and will grow up to be a gorgeous roo! He was the only surviving hatchling of my first time broody hen. He has bonded to me like his mother hen, and is still living indoors. This is what I get for winter hatching! Ha! Anyway, just wanted to share our cross that has turned out beautifully! By the way...his name is Rocky! He is the son of Tyson the roo and Emma the barred rock hen. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thebanthams

thebanthams Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2010
    Safford, Arizona
    very pretty!

1 person likes this.
  7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    You are correct in that he's a sex link rooster. Barred boys, non barred girls from that cross.

I did kind of the opposite, a barred roo over a red hen, and got your boy's mate! The father was actually a black sex link, with some easter egger in the mix, so my girl has a beard. Not laying yet, do I don't know what color eggs.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I call her my little calico hen lol. Just love the coloring.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2013
  8. PheasantsFirst

PheasantsFirst Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2013
    Eastern Washington
    here are a few of my croos breeds:
    [​IMG]
    Sorry he's blury. EE and Silkie

[​IMG]
    My EE and Silkie hen.
    [​IMG]
    I have two of these black EE and RIR crosses.

[​IMG]
    My silkie-cochin rooster

9. MrsJenSmith2007

MrsJenSmith2007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2013
    West Virginia
    Oh she is beautiful!! Like a little female version of my boy! And thank you for the confirmation that he is, indeed, a boy! LOL Can't wait for him to grow up so I can breed him as well. Hoping to hatch a couple more from my barred rocks with my new RIR roo. We have retired Tyson, who is the father of my little guy. Can't wait to experiment a little more with breeding this line! Just getting into it but really loving the fun and surprise that comes with cross-breeding chickens!

10. Angela Gazey

Angela Gazey New Egg

May 30, 2013
    Western Australia
    [​IMG]
    Black Australorp (Father) X Isa Brown (Mother)

[​IMG]
    Black Australorp/Isa Brown/RIR (Father) X Black Australorp / Golden Campine (Mother)

[​IMG]
    Black Australorp / Isa Brown (Father) X RIR (Mother)

[​IMG]
    Black Australorp / Isa Brown (Father) X RIR (Mother)

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by