post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

Thanks a bunch I will head over there after work tomorrow and see what I find. I just feel bad like the chickens and ducks are being bitten or something by all these darn flys. I don't know if they bite them or not but man they annoy the crap out of me I can't imagine how my ducks feel
Are they geting water in with the food by any chance? I know when my ducks would get water in it the flys would swarm it. But Now im useing a Cat litter box bottom to put their feed in and it helped. But out in the bigger area of the cage where they spend most of their time the poo attracts tons of flys but the ducks hone in on them and eat them so when it gets really bad I spay down the grass to clean it of the poo. I hope the fly traps i know it helped for around the dog pen :)

I was so nervous to let my month old buff duckling hang out with my week old anconas but it worked out good. I brought her in again today, and ella sat on my lap and hissed when she thought the babies were too close to me...protective little lady! her first priority is me, but when a neighborhood cat came over she protected the younger babies too.
love.gif

They are so cute.
love.gif

Here is a cute pic of our runner duck(RIP) and a Toulouse gosling
Precious!
love.gif

lol my ducklings eat any insect that fly in their way! they were in their box and this fly flew in there and they all started jumping up and peeping till one of them caught it and ate it!
clap.gif
good ducklings! lol

Like fly sticky paper or is there something else. I have never bought a fly trap? Sounds like something I could use hear the feeder though. I have a ton of flys in the chicken coops also. I have never seen it like this. They are all over the food not the poop lol
They are plastic containers that have water and fly bait in them. The flies fly in and can't get out. End up drowning in the water. They have kits for people to make these fly traps out of milk jugs as well. I like the one with the entrance at the bottom though as I do hang them over where the flies hang out the most. It hink it catches them better that way.

I sprayed my ducks the other day...LOL It was so great! They looked like penguins walking around....they brought their shoulders up to where it looked like they had no necks and waddled in circles in the spray! lol

Back
Top Bottom