post any and all waterfowl pictures here!!! ponds, pools, aviarys, coops, runs, etc.

it's not quite so large...I think the angle makes it look even bigger. I'm fondly referring to this one as 'carrots' because its bill, and feet are so ORANGE

Meet Ping! She's my 7 year old spoiled rotten Pekin and the first duck I've ever had as a pet. I got her in Indiana and when we moved back to Florida I adopted a male khaki campbell and hatched two of her eggs. She's an indoor duck and loves to sit in my lap and watch TV at night.

Toby (the boyfriend):

Ping in her indoor pen watching over the babies:

Ping is an ADORABLE girl!
love.gif

How awesome,I love seeing other indoor ducks!

Meet Ping!  She's my 7 year old spoiled rotten Pekin and the first duck I've ever had as a pet.  I got her in Indiana and when we moved back to Florida I adopted a male khaki campbell and hatched two of her eggs.  She's an indoor duck and loves to sit in my lap and watch TV at night.

Toby (the boyfriend):

Ping in her indoor pen watching over the babies:

Holy crap what r they swimming in. My ducks water is dirty the minute they jump in???

We finally finished our "duck coop!" It's not too fancy but I LOVE it so very much. :) My favortie part is the little house on the side. I lock them in this at night for protection.

LOL, it looks like a swimming pool. Amazing to see that combination of crystal clear water....and ducks!!! Mine just look at the water and it's dirty.

I didn't know they could swim in a pool with all the chemicals?? But how is it they turn the water in their pool black in 2 days. Ugggg

Got any tips for me? I'm a new duck mom lol. Anything you guys and gals can tell me to help me out with duck maintenance? How the heck to you dump the pool? I take a bucket and get all the water out that way but it's back breaking

That is a fantastic coop, Travs Girl!! I love it. Looks like your ducks do too!! Do you have any troubles with predators in the day time?

How the heck to you dump the pool? I take a bucket and get all the water out that way but it's back breaking
Ldutch, this is the no. 1 question for all duck owners, LOL. How can they get the water so flithy and what on earth do I do with it? Very good question too!

I use a kiddie pool in the backyard and also 15 gallon stock troughs in the duck pen. On both I've fitted drains with a valve (tap) on the outlet pipe so I can drain the water. I've used a fitting like this to act as the drain hole.

With this kind of fitting you have to drill a 3/4 inch hole to put the fitting in. It's made so you can slide some 3/4 inch poly pipe on to it. You can also get fittings that just have a thread on the end, and not the tapered end for the poly pipe (I hope that makes sense!). In my kiddie pool I've just put a drain low down on one side, and I've attached a valve to it so I can open and close it to let water out. I tip out the water that is left in the bottom. You can see it in this pic:

The stock troughs that are in my pens are raised up. so I have put the drains in the bottom.

If you go along to a plumping store or hardware store and tell them that you want to add a drain with a valve (that you can open and close) to a plastic pond then hopefully they will be able to help yuou find all the parts you need. If you can set it up so you can attach a hose to drain it to where you want in the garden (as in the pic above) that is very helpful too.

You will need a drill with a hole saw bit on it to drill a hole to put the drain in.

Back
Top Bottom