Post Bumblefoot infection

Rg01

Chirping
Nov 17, 2020
We had a hen with bumblefoot on both feet. One had a big "corn kernal" removed by cutting the foot open. The other had it removed with some tweezers and less surgery. We soaked in Epsom salts before and after the surgeries. She no longer has any puss or infection coming out of the foot, even after multiple soakes. Both her feet still look terrible. This is after 2 weeks. We cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide and applied blue coat with gause and vet wrap. Not sure what to do next but she is not getting better. Can we give her antibiotics and if so what kind? Is there a better cleaning method? The swelling is not near the surgery site,that was on the bottom of the foot.
20220516_182635.jpg
20220516_182635.jpg
20220516_182655.jpg

Attachments

• 20220516_182638.jpg
    20220516_182638.jpg
    350.2 KB · Views: 2
Can you post photos of the bottom of the foot? I would not use hydrogen peroxide. It kills the healthy issue. I would also apply a drawing salve, or calendula oil. Calendula oil/tincture is fantastic for infection, I've used it on infected lacerations myself, worked wonders! For swelling, I might feed turmeric to see if that helps, along with epsom soaks.

Can you post photos of the bottom of the foot? I would not use hydrogen peroxide. It kills the healthy issue. I would also apply a drawing salve, or calendula oil. Calendula oil/tincture is fantastic for infection, I've used it on infected lacerations myself, worked wonders! For swelling, I might feed turmeric to see if that helps, along with epsom soaks.
This is a good recipe for golden milk. It enhances the benefits of turmeric, and increases absorption of curcumin. https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/healing-with-turmeric-golden-paste-for-dogs/

Back
Top Bottom