Post if you have chicks right now and/or waiting for some.

I picked up 6 straight run EE's yesterday. Well, sold by the breeder as Ameraucana's and his hens all lay blue eggs, so who knows? Anywhoooo, 5 are about 2 weeks old and one is just under a week. He had a mind of his own and hatched 3 days before his siblings.

Pics coming soon
smile.png

I sent in my order to Cackle Hatchery. Shipping date is April 6th
barnie.gif

I ordered the "Happy Cackle Special" which includes:
1 pair Ducks
1 pair Geese
2 Turkeys
10 Brown egg laying Pullets
1 matching roo
10 assorted rare breed chicks

I ordered this last year and they sent me 4 ducks in place of the 2 geese (I was impaitient, didn't want to wait) an extra turkey and 4 extra chicks, all of which arrived happy and healthy with the exception of one of the turkeys, who died after 4 days. All the rest were thriving until my neighbors dog massacred them when they were about 4 months old.

Now, I have moved, so new place, new neighbors and I am building a much more secure run for them this time!

Quote:
Yeah, when those babies get cold, they can fool you. I had some arrive stone cold and not moving even when I touched them, but held at the heat lamp, and given sugar water they came around. Good luck with yours. Oh, and Murray's told me, after the fact, that you can request heat packs in the box! Wish they'd advertise that. It would have saved 10 chicks in my shipment.

Last edited:
We have our first six chicks, 10 days old now? 3 BO and 3 BR... Supposed to be all pullets, but one is growing so much faster than the others, I am suspicious "she" may turn out to be a cockerel.... (she has a much more defined comb than any of the others and stands much taller, carries herself very differently). But we are having a blast, my 4 & 2 year old daughters are delighted, and the chicks are so playful and active... they all seem to be thriving.

I am certainly loving this forum!

wee.gif
Just placed my FIRST EVER order for chicks online! From Ideal, I have on the way: 2 blue silkies, 2 gray silkies, 2 red silkies, 1 partridge silkie, 1 white silkie, 1 buff brahma pullet, 1 EE pullet, 1 silver laced polish, 1 blue cochin pullet, and 1 BBRed malay pullet (I can't resist that awesome carriage). Obviously hoping for good luck on the silkies! Don't even know the shipping date yet but I AM SO STOKED. Eeeee.

I have 36 new baby chicks. Just hatched over the weekend. 6 are delaware the other 30 Im not real sure. A friends mom gave me the eggs and I keep forgeting to ask what breeds they are from. Now waiting for the buff orpingtons to hatch in about 2 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom