Post Office Consolidation

GA963

Chirping
Nov 14, 2020
North Georgia
This has been in the news for a few months but I'm just picking up on it: The Post Office is creating a number of sorting and delivery centers:

List of affected POs

The 'spoke' post offices will continue serving customers, but they will no longer get mail for delivery: carriers will go directly to the hub to pick up mail. It seems that this will have an impact on ordering chicks. At a minimum, if you are served by a spoke PO the call you get will be from a place that might be a lot farther away. Hopefully the calls will still come.

FYIW, there are a lot of logistical issues and pushback from the boots on the ground at the PO that might prevent the hub-spoke model becoming reality. (Just imagine the morning traffic with every mail truck in the region trying to get to the same facility in the morning!)

I will inquire with my postmaster, he's got a few ears in high places he can tickle and find out more.

Our PM has bestowed upon one of their abandoned hatchling the title of Ducky Post Master General, named after himself, of course, so I suspect he'll have some intrest in pursuing the matter! 😆

The chosen one being that one that always claims the food dish as a bed, of course. Meet DPMG Nicky:

Attachments

• 20221222_083711.jpg
    20221222_083711.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20221222_084725.jpg
    20221222_084725.jpg
    480.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom