Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Here is one of my girls. Don't mind the scruffy tail she recently got introduced to the "mean girls" and some tail/fluff picking insued

DSC_0931.jpg

Quote:
My first thought would be Vaseline, Neosporin, or Corona. The vaseline will be protective, while the neosporin & corona will be protective as well as be antiseptic. Apply to comb, reapply as needed, watch to see how the comb responses.

Sadly frostbite BITES! And I learned IF you do not want it keep them inside where it is warm. Not an easy task in a 30' by 40' pole barn with one wood burning stove and no insulation when it is minus 2.
This is a cockerel who is a son of the Bamma older Blue line.
His points are done and will fall off. IF I do not show him I do not care. And I have 2 other Blue cockerels who I like to keep and use.
Ole Spanky here may not be around too long. I already have the word out to see IF he is worth using here.
I expect not!
000_9888.jpg

Here is his dad DOC a Bamma cock I got back in Nov 2009.
I use my seasoned cocks to show the younger cockerels how to get the job done without ripping up my girls. DOC is an excellent mentor for my young Buff cockerels
000_9882.jpg

The 3 Buff cockerels that will be used this coming season. One has a damaged ACL and may also have to be permanantly sidelined IF he can not perform.
000_9881.jpg

Last edited:
This little gal, has been on my property for less than 12 hours and she is the cats wiskers! I am SO attached to her! She is my first Buff Orpington and I suspect, the first of many! What wonderful birds!!!!
Buttercup....
73701_065.jpg

73701_buttercup.jpg

Quote:
My first thought would be Vaseline, Neosporin, or Corona. The vaseline will be protective, while the neosporin & corona will be protective as well as be antiseptic. Apply to comb, reapply as needed, watch to see how the comb responses.

I used vaseline here last year and it is just a sticky mess. Was wondering if there were any alternative solutions

I've had that trouble...sometimes it is because the humidity is to high in their coop...not enough air circulation.

Several people use VetRX daily to keep the combs highdrated.

Good luck.

Hi Y'all,

I raise, breed and show WBS Ameraucanas, Barnevelders, Buckeyes, and Welsummers. This year I have decided to replace all the hatchery/feedstore birds I keep for eggs while my others are in the breeding pens with SQ stock. Here are the breeds that I’m looking for now and plan to get:

1) Barred Rocks (BR)
2) Black Jersey Giants (BJG)
3) Buff Brahmas (BB)
4) Black, Blue, and/or Buff Orpingtons (BO)
5) Golden-Laced Wyandottes (GLW)
6) Silver-Laced Wyandottes (SLW)
7) Blue-Laced Red Wyandottes (BLRW)
8) New Hampshire Reds (NHR)
9) Rhode Island Reds (RIR)

I think that’s it but with chickens I just never know. If I see something that catches my eye, I may just have to get some. For example, I recently heard that someone in the USA has some BLR Barnevelders. If I see them, I’ll probably have to get some!

Anyways, I would appreciate hearing from any of you BBS or BO breeders who would sell me some hatching eggs from good SQ stock. I think I have a lock on some nice local BO eggs but may need to get some of them too if this falls thru. Please send me an email as I likely won't see a reply here.

God Bless,

Back
Top Bottom