Post Pics Of Orps/ Orpingtons HERE

Quote:
Any help?

I've never had any buffs. I've had plenty of roos though. Some are, good some arent. Unfortunately it's a wait and see issue.

Generally speaking, orpingtons have laid back personalities. They are easy going birds.

Generally speaking, a good rooster will watch the sky, hunt for food, court and protect his ladies. A good roo is gentle and firm. Not pushy and mean.

thumbsup.gif
Thanks!

Keltara - I love love your photos and how the kids are holding all of them at the same time.

Louie - They all have their own personalities, good luck with the roo!
I was told a good way to introduce adult birds is put the new one in the center of their run in it's own smaller enclosure for a couple of weeks. That way they can get "used" to each other. If not long enough after a couple of weeks, back into the smaller center cage in the middle of the run for ?? days/weeks and reintroduce.
Things to look for -shrugs- a nice tail? If it isn't to your liking will you not get it? Sound advice I think would be clear vent and eyes and beak and feet, but you have 5 hens, so you know
wink.png

Last edited:
we dont have any buff roos but have black blue an lav roos.we have some that are sweet an my girls will carry them around the yard like babies then we have some that if you turn your back on them they will try to get you.all ours were raised together some get along great some hate each other.if you have one dominate roo an the other one is pasive there will be no problem.if you have 2 roos an they both think they are king they will fight till the death a couple of weeks ago we pull in the driveway an our big blue roo who was the king of the flock an one of our black roos who wanted to be king were beating the heck out of each other.there was blood all over the yard i could not beleive how bad they went at it.we had to seperate them for a week then they were fine the black one became king an the blue would turn an go the other way instead of fighting him.lol good luck we have the best luck putting bird together at night as soon as it gets dark we put new bird in the coop by morning the other chickens dont even seem to care there is a new bird there.

Back
Top Bottom