Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
Yesterday we had a severe thunderstorm. A few chicks did not make it back inside. They are about two months old. We gathered three soaked chicks and brought inside. A Buff Colombian Wyandotte Bantam female and a Buff Wyandotte Bantam male and female. All survived and were recovered this morning. We returned them to their brooder house/run. This brooder/run contains nearly 100 chicks of various breeds, ages and size (LF/Bantam) so have not really gotten a good look at them over all. They are all friendly and very active. Our kids feed them and care for them, as most are their 4H project.

With these 3, I noticed that they have white shanks and feet. Wyandottes have yellow shanks and feet. So when I returned the 3 birds to the brooder house/run, I started looking at the other Wyandottes. At present it appears ALL of them have white feet and shanks. Not an issue with the Buff Colombians, as we plan on using them to help develope a BC Orpington. We are very disappointed in Ideal that they would have so many with such a disqualification. Guess we will offer these as pet quality and concentarte on our other line of Buff Wyandotte Bantams. We were raising these for the kids to show this fall.

Has anyone else found this disqualification in their Wyandottes from Ideal?

I can understand a minor defect, but such a disqualification! Some strains of exhibition Buckeyes have single combs. Wyandottes have been known to have a single comb. But wrong leg color on 25+ Wyandotte Bantams is unbelievable. I called and talked ti Libby at Ideal and she forwarded me to Roff (?). I left a message. Still waiting for his call.

Will let this thread know what happens.

My chicks are moving to Santa Clarita for two weeks with my dad
sad.png
, im going to the bahamas for two weeks
cool.png
with the people in my profile pic ( exept for kellie
sad.png
) taylors parents are taking us, and my mom doesnt want to deal with my chicks
sad.png

Two weeks without chickys, im taking them tomarrow
hit.gif

OMG! My wyandottes aren't from Ideal but I never thoguht to check. I was just so happy to have my little fuzzies. They're all down for the night now but I'll check in the morning. I guess I know not to order wyandottes from Ideal now...

Quote:
NO!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaa...ship date is tomorrow
smile.png

for i should have them Thursday im thinking!
smile.png
we are about 3 hours from them....

jim,

i can understand why you are upset,

but Ideal does not promise that their birds are show quality....

can you imagine trying to run a hatchery that size to produce show quality birds?

i dont think any large scale hatchery promises this...

genetics are weird sometimes, and something back from 20 generations ago, can raise its head again

id suggest buying from a breeder next time...

just my opinion... and no i dont work from them...

Quote:
True. I knew I would have some work ahead. Possible poor type/color. Type is excellent and the plumage color is wonderful. I looked for a breeder and could not find one. Had to settle.

I checked the older Buff Colombian Wyandotte Bantams. Recieved then about a month earlier than these. They all have yellow legs. About 50% had no markings/lacing on their necks. That I understand. We ended up with one pair of BC Wy that has good lacing, excellent color and yellow shanks.

Our bantams are purebred and represent the breed and variety; however, we do not guarantee or represent that they are of show quality

https://secuservices.com/ideal/newideal/selectproduct.aspx?qty=1&ID=BFWB&Product=897

White shanks do not represnt the breed/variety.

We have buff ducks with white rings around their necks, but they represnt the breed. One Buff Sebright survived out of 5. It has some buff lacing, of poor quality. But is a sebright. As for something raising its head, that I understand. With thousands of chicks being hatched taht week, hundreds being Buff Wyandottes, it is possible we got the ones with white shanks. But I just can't see that/ We hatched two Buckeye Bantams this year with white shanks. Noone can understand where they could have gotten the white shanks from. But out of about 2 dozen chicks, two have white shanks. It does happen. But luck of the draw, I should have at least gotten some Wyandottes with yellow shanks. One breeder suggested taht they might be using a mixture of Buff Wyandotte with Buff Orpinton Bantams. Any that hatch with rose combs they sell as Wyandottes etc. Would just simply like an answer from ideal on why their Wyandotte Bantams have the wrong leg color, an obvious disqualification and proof they are not pure bred nor representative of the breed.​

I checked my chicks this morning. The lacing is coming in good on their wing feathers and their shanks are yellow. They came from McMurray and i've heard very few complaints about them. I'll stil be ordering from ideal though. I WANT my red silkies

Quote:
I got a red silkie from my assortment of silkies, It has 5 toes on each foot, very feathered feet (alot more that my cochins) and black skin all around
tongue.png

people need to stop complaining about their silkies
rant.gif
, all mine were 10 toed, black skined and heavily feather footed

My red one is the only one already getting crest feathers of all my silkies
smile.png

Can't ask for much more than that. I've got a gorgeous male white silkie from SQ lines. He's a prize winner for sure but I know they're gonna dock points for toe spacing. Otherwise as long as their silkies have 5 toes and black skin I can breed fluffiness and color quality in later.

Back
Top Bottom