Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
i do not like ideal this year. the golden phoenix my parents got and the sultans are so off it's not even funny, they are way off with the phoenix having the wrong colors (no he's not a different color either he is a golden) and the sultans all have other colors on them besides white, mainly black. we also lost 8 the day they came in. we did get 10 packing peanuts and 1 was dead when they got here and 2 died hours later. needless to say we had a very very bad experience with ideal.

my bantams that i got all have very bad faults. i will be ordering from cackle or mcmurray as their stock appears to be a lot better than ideals (chicken wise). (have stock from ideal and cackle) i will try to get pics of the birds from ideal when it stops raining and dries up a bit

Last edited:
also they do not sell ameracauna they sell easter eggers that they mislabel as ameraucana... mcmurry and mypetchicken sell true ameracauna for around $15 per chick if i remember the price right.

Last edited:
I didn't order from Ideal, but I got this bad boy and girl from a place that ordered from Ideal.

I love them!

well i dont think all of my birds had off feather or off color...so lets play nice shall we =] im very happy about my bantam cochins and the main fault i see with my uccles is that the male has a bit much white but thanks for the heads up on the sultans!

some of the people that have ordered from ideal as you can see towards the beginning won in shows with ideal birds not saying all are show Q but it happens occasionally, and not saying cackle might not have better quality in certain breeds just saying lets not lump everyone into the "your so bad its not funny" basket this thread and what i like about it is it shows the general quality of the specific breeds that come from their. in general i have noted the cochin bantams seem very nice so i ordered them, the d'uccles i have seen also seemed very nice a few with the color faults i saw but took the risk not especially worried by it.

my orpingtons , minorcas and giants also turned out wonderful.

you had a bad experience, don't take it out on others. have you/did you call ideal to report the abnormal amount of deaths? they have from what i have seen always been good about replacements and if you call and ask will even tell you what "random" breeds are in your assortment.

not trying to come off wrong but i was a bit offended , thanks =)

also they do not sell ameracauna they sell easter eggers that they mislabel as ameracauna... mcmurry and mypetchicken sell true ameracauna for around $15 per chick if i remember the price right.
actually no they do not, i have a friend in alaska that ordered them and got EE's every one of them from both of those hatcheries she went with a breeder she found on here.

"The Ameraucana Breeders Club defines
an Easter Egg chicken, or Easter Egger,
as a bird that possesses the blue egg gene,
but doesn’t fully meet the breed description
as defined in the APA standards. Further,
even if a bird (that possesses the blue egg
gene) meets the APA standards breed
description, but doesn’t meet a
variety description or breed
true at least 50% of the time it
is considered an Easter Egg chicken.
birds that do not fully meet the ameracauna
standard but may still be purebreds are EE's
due to faults in standard"

so to me i kind of view the Ideal "Ameracauna" as a dog show person would a 50% white pembroke corgi with incorrect ears and body (usually from breeding without looking at the standard or attempting to keep it, aka BYB bred ) it may still be a purebred but it sure doesnt look like it. EE to me doesnt necessarily mean mutt to me it means "pet quality" it doesnt meet enough of the standard to make it in the ring. BUT judging from another link they do indeed breed true to about 50% there is a link if i can get my internet working to a thread about "ideal ameracaunas aka EE's they have a fault of some sort that makes them an EE but they still breed true..they all bare the same marked resemblance but different colors.

i have 2 from Ideal one with slate legs the other with green , both with beards and muffs now they arrived september 26th

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/721292/ideal-poultry-americaunas/10#post_9999647 < all of those EE ' bare a remarkable resemblance i would even say they breed true to above 50%

Last edited:
most of our chickens are from Ideal. They all looked pretty good, except the silkies, which had crappy crests and foot feathering. When i finally broke down and bought silkies from a breeder, they were beatiful compared to Ideal's silkies.

well i dont think all of my birds had off feather or off color...so lets play nice shall we =] im very happy about my bantam cochins and the main fault i see with my uccles is that the male has a bit much white but thanks for the heads up on the sultans!
some of the people that have ordered from ideal as you can see towards the beginning won in shows with ideal birds not saying all are show Q but it happens occasionally, and not saying cackle might not have better quality in certain breeds just saying lets not lump everyone into the "your so bad its not funny" basket this thread and what i like about it is it shows the general quality of the specific breeds that come from their. in general i have noted the cochin bantams seem very nice so i ordered them, the d'uccles i have seen also seemed very nice a few with the color faults i saw but took the risk not especially worried by it.
my orpingtons , minorcas and giants also turned out wonderful.
you had a bad experience, don't take it out on others. have you/did you call ideal to report the abnormal amount of deaths? they have from what i have seen always been good about replacements and if you call and ask will even tell you what "random" breeds are in your assortment.
not trying to come off wrong but i was a bit offended , thanks =)
Me too! I love my birds, and I think yours look great.
smile.png

SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO FEELINGS ON HERE.

Me too! I love my birds, and I think yours look great. :)

SOME PEOPLE HAVE NO FEELINGS ON HERE. 

thank you =] i am considering showing my little black cochin pullet when she's a bit older so tolerant ! my 4 year old nephew picks her up and carries her around because she is "pretty"shipped and arrived same day they hatched September 26th this year

Last edited:
thank you =] i am considering showing my little black cochin pullet when she's a bit older so tolerant ! my 4 year old nephew picks her up and carries her around because she is "pretty"shipped and arrived same day they hatched September 26th this year
She's a very pretty girl! I'd like some cochin chicks. :)

I would show her, but maybe let her develop a little more. She looks superb now, but might look less tidy later on.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom