Post pics of stock from Ideal Poultry please !!

Pics
I am honestly a little bit confused as to what has people's feelings hurt. Breed standards are a set quantifiable thing, are they not? The bird either meets them or does not and generally hatchery birds do not. Correct? Is this just a word choice issue?

If you have a breed standard bird from this hatchery I could see this being a good opportunity to disagree and tell people about your good experience but it doesn't really seem like anything personal or attacking nor a comment on how much a person likes their pets. I am not sure where feelings are involved here.

My pug is the most poorly bred pug I have ever seen. I didn't rescue her to show her or because I wanted a pure bred dog.  If you walk up to me and say wow, that is the worst bred pug I have seen in my life I would: why yes. yes she is.
to each their own but to say some of the birds on here that HAVE shown and won at shows are bad quality as well? no they are not they proved that BY WINNING. i think their is a chance of getting a show dog out of a BYB litter i have seen it i even helped the girl show the dogs yes 2 that met the standard that came from a back yard breeder not a reputable breeder just someone breeding for fast cash no shots ect. those 2 dogs won best of breed and Best of Opposite sex and won in the hound group.

as someone that shows dogs no matter how "clean cut" the standard is the judge will look at it with his/her own preferences for things within it and they will decide how much is to much white or to little feather not the peanut gallery ;p

and yes it is very insulting to me as i am proud of my birds for someone to just lump us all into the "so bad its not funny" when they look perfectly fine for their age except a bit to much white on the Uccle to be told exactly like that is very insulting to not only me but the people that HAVE won.

i get just as offended if someone tells me my show dog is ugly when they don't know the difference from him and a greyhound! ibzan hound all the way! you dont know me or my animals so don't mock them i think they are beautiful =] and the judges agree

Last edited:
[/quote]
Yeah, d'uccle's are quite pretty. But I hesitate to buy any. They have difficult coloring. 

Btw, I hear Mcmurray is infamous for killing birds. 
yes i ordered from mcmurray through the local feedstore me and several others ordered them as a group...alot of DOA several failure to thrives.. and less than a handful survived...happened several times before the feedstore switched to ideal..

BTW if anyone has any pictures of serama bantams, yokohamas and cubalyas from Ideal i would like to see them PLEASE if you have been keeping the feathers well and out of the rain and mud and away from feather pickers how have they turned out?

Last edited:
BTW if anyone has any pictures of serama bantams, yokohamas and cubalyas from Ideal i would like to see them PLEASE if you have been keeping the feathers well and out of the rain and mud and away from feather pickers how have they turned out?
Yes, I would LOVE to see some cubalyas from Ideal also. There is a cubalya thread, but most are snobby breeders, you know the kind, the ones that really care about quality, don't buy from a hatchery, have actual lines and all that jazz..., LOL, but really, they are not snobby, that was a joke, they just generally don't have many from Ideal, so I would love to see some pictures.

a local parish fair is by far way different than an auctal aba and apa show though, winning with a hatchery stock bird is near impossable at those type of shows but very easy at a parish fair.

a local parish fair is by far way different than an auctal aba and apa show though, winning with a hatchery stock bird is near impossable at those type of shows but very easy at a parish fair.
thats what i was talking about....

just as a BYB dog with AKc papers can come go into an AKC ring and beat reputably bred show dogs. seen it helped them along. A hatchery bird can win at a big show i've seen that as well.

ive been asking around about longtails from hatcheries i was actually told that Ideal yokohamas were pretty good but its one of those things chance of pet or chance of show they never claim to breed for it but you might just get it since they usually buy their stock from breeders then do what they will with it afterwards

Last edited:
That is what it was, was trying to figure it out, they have such an ancient look to them. They almost look like dinosaurs as do a lot of game birds. I would not want to go up against one of them LOL! Thanks for posting!
i think they are almost 2 ft tall if not taller it should take the malay's up to 2-3 years to fully mature from what i understand they are already pretty heavy birds

Last edited:
these 2 are malays
389544_854243652331_254957593_n.jpg

malay cockerel head, an aseel pullet, and a malay pullet

484256_854243722191_1476282525_n.jpg

Okay, I see now. I have also heard they take 2-3 years to really mature. They just look soooooooo mean!!! I know most game type birds are great with people, but gosh they just don't look like it
big_smile.png
I would love to have some, but can't, can't, can't, gotta focus, focus, focus, squirrel!!!!

PS If you have never seen "Up", that will not make sense, LOL

Back
Top Bottom