Post pics of your chicks thread!!!

My chicks arrived! I will get some pics posted tomorrow! One of my chicks arrived very weak. She is doing much better now that she has some vitamins in her system. She still can't be in the brooder with the rest of the chicks though. She's still pretty weak.

I hope not lol. Its nice today but I have a billion things to do before I go to work tonight.
Good news! 5 of the 6 hens have already laid today! 3 big brown eggs, a big pink one and a big mint green colored one. We were worried as when they were in the tractor at laurins house there were 10 of them and he was only getting 2 eggs a day from the bunch.

e 400
[/IMG]

These are pucs of my new babies.

This is a pic of all four. Some of them are resting. They are so cute and sweet. They aren't very vocal and don't mind being held. One if them actually ran into my hand when I tried to move their food over. So sweet.

I'll be able to post some pics soon! My chicks are on their way as we speak!
celebrate.gif

My new batch from Meyer gets shipped next week and I should have them the 14th. I'm so excited. Every shipment and batch of chicks are a new experience. My first time buying from Meyer. Usually go with Cackle Hatchery but Meyer had some that Cackle didn't have so thought I'd give them a try. Cackle is closer to me so hopefully being father away doesn't affect the shipping time.

I hope not lol. Its nice today but I have a billion things to do before I go to work tonight. 
Good news! 5 of the 6 hens have already laid today! 3 big brown eggs, a big pink one and a big mint green colored one. We were worried as when they were in the tractor at laurins house there were 10 of them and he was only getting 2 eggs a day from the bunch. 

1f44d.png

He's picking up chicks with his mustache!
-Sorry, couldn't help myself

Our four day old Rhode Island and my four year old :{D

Anyone live near Spanaway? On the 19th at the Del's there will be a 4-h group advertising for paper clovers you can donate $1 or $5. They also come with a purina coupon. If you can please come out and support your local 4-Hers. There will be chickens, dogs, cat , and probably rabbits there and please ask those kids questions! No body ever does.

Back
Top Bottom